four

🎶when you lose something you can't replace🎶

The girl listened to the words sang by the main singer of her favorite band called coldplay. She was slowly walking home from school, listening to her favorite music over her headphones.
She could decide between going to school by bycycle or just walk.

Since Jayeon was a girl who enjoyed taking walks alone she chose going by foot.

The lyrics of the song fixed you were so deep, it was almost relatable to her life situation, she thought.
By this quote she actually immediately had to think about her grandma.

It was already 10 years ago since Jayeon lost her but it felt as if she watched the burning wagon her grandma used to sit in on top of the rails in the amusent park she used to go so often that times. Since then she didn't dare to make one step into the park.

Without even noticing, a tear fell on her cheek by the sudden thoughts about her loved, gone relative. So fastly her eyes could tear up.

She didn't even had the chance to wipe it away with her long sleeve shirt hem when someone came riding on his bycycle from behind. Actually the girl thought he would just ride past her and she could continue crying in silence on her way home but that wasn't the case.

A boy, brown her and some dimples stopped right next to her, still sitting on the saddle of his bike.

"Jayeon?"

"I didn't even know we go the same way home"
Jungwon chuckled as he now got down from his bycycle, continuing walking next to her as he noticed her just remaining silent, not replying. Then he took a closer glance at her face as he saw a small tear escaping her eye, falling down on her cute chubby cheek.

"Hey, why are you crying? What's wrong?"
He looked worriedly at his friend who just laughed it off.

"Oh, i'm not crying haha. I just got a fly in my eye or something"
Jayeon overplayed her shakiness in her voice with a laugh, lying at her friend as she didn't wnat him to talk about her worries.

"Oh, then it's good. I don't like seeing my friends cry, it makes me sad too somehow"
Jungwon added as he chuckle one more time, looking at the girl's face. She didn't answer but that wasn't even necessary. The two just continued making steps forwards while forgetting they really went the same way home.

Jayeon didn't know if she should be happy or sad about his phrase. Sure, she was his friend. But even that made her sad. It was hard to be in a friendship with someone you definitely like more than just as a friend. And in addition when that someone is already in a really popular and healthy relationshio no one could break.