thirteen

They entered the bus right after the baggage was stowed away in the trunk of the bus

They entered the bus right after the baggage was stowed away in the trunk of the bus. The bus wasn't as big as thought but still big enough for the class to enter.

Jayeon still couldn't believe the way she could eventually attend the trip. Jungwon made it possible. He was actually really the angel she hoped to see behind the door.
Minji's and Jungwon's plan on taking the girl with them worked out apparently.

As much as Riki wanted to be included in the plan, he had to be told by someone else than the person he would have wanted it to be told by.
Well seems as if he would need to overplay it again. Just as always when he had to pretend to be just the supportive best friend for Jayeon, not the one hiding behind a mask who he actually was.

"You wanna sit together?"
Jayeon asked him eventually. He wouldn't be the one declining that in the moment even though it would have been probably better for his almost breaking heart.
He would force himself to keep smiling around her anyways so it doesn't matter in the end actually.

"Yeah, let's go"
He said as he entered the bus first. Jayeon followed him as she wore the shoes Minji gave her before. Luckily most of the seats weren't occupied yet, meaing they could choose their seats to sit in. The ride wouldn't even be that long. Nearly two hours so it wouldn't be the most important things in earth, he thought.

Both Jayeon and Riki ended up sitting in the pretty back. They were told by the etachers that the seats in the front should be used by the ones getting sick on long drives and since neither one of them was sensitive for long drives, they ended up in the penultimate row.

As expected, Jayeon was certainly sitting at the window.

Especially today the clouds seemed pretty in a specific way. They kind of had a magical influence on the girl though. One look up the sky and Jayeon was in love.

It might have been the beauty of the sky attracting her like this but somehow her heart said it would might be her grandma behind the clouds waving at her.
Anyways, she should rather focus on something else, she couldn't just starre at the sky the whole ride along.

As planned, Minji and Jungwon sat in the seats in front of them. Jungwon at the window so right in front of Jayeon.
It might be just an imagination but somehow the girl seemed kind of relaxed around him. She kept her feelings and thoughts under control which was a big win for her heart to stay healthy and complete.

As the ride soon started, the students became louder and louder. Not like the four in the back who were just almost quiet for themselves.
As soon as the students around started to speak up loud and even turning on music through the connected bluetooth box, Jayeon's reminder to plug in her airpods and close her eyes appeared in her mind.

And she did. She did close her eyes while listening to music silently. Riki was just about to turn on music for himself too as his eyes eventually landed on his seats neighbor's face. She lay there with her head leaned against the window when he saw the white earbuds in his head.