Animal Mages(2)

Rolfgar swung his palms down, creating friction in them and managing to stop himself from moving even closer to the end of the barrier.

“You're a strong person but you'll soon lose to me,” he heard a voice speak from above him as a green striped tail shot out good at him.

Rolfgar had no time to think and so in a fleeting moment, he had lost his grip and was blasted by the attack, green smoke had been lit in his face as he hit his back on the grass at the front of the arena.

A loud applause resounded from the mud blocks that the crowd used as chairs for spectating.

“The first match has come to an end!” Ulmer shouted with a loud voice as the mana stone in hand seemed to reverberate it to the ears of the crowd.

“Now we will move to the second match and I shall announce the name of the participants” She raised her finger up as the sack of stones was brought to her position.

She placed her hand inside and removed a stone that had been named.
“Baco, the crocodile berserker against… “

Placing her hand back into the sack to bring out another stone, she called out the participants' name “The Hermit Cat named Whiskers from the Cat clan. “

The moment she was done calling the two participants stepped into the ring. On one side was a croc on two's that was wielding a large axe which he placed on his back while his scales gave off a frightening aura who came to him.

On the other side, was a brown cat on two's with a red dot on his forehead and long black whiskers stretching across his face while holding a strange sword with curved edges that resembled an unending number of hills and slopes.

Baco look saddened at this and

“Cat Lord, it seems your opponent has already lost!” The Croc Lord struggled to hold back his laughter after seeing the difference between the two.

“I think that you shouldn't be cocky, Croc Lord. The other clans have also triumphed over your warriors so many times. So why are you so confident of your victory?” said a black cat who sat beside the snake lord and smiled with his whiskers raised up.

The Croc Lord smiled “A giant against a normal even among our numbers, Baco is a very tall warrior. I'll like to see what you're have to offer though,”

“I am the one who will be victorious in this battle and you will not be able to stop me!” Bicro declared in front of the hermit whose eyes were half opened.

“It seems that you are really a close minded hunchback who is also arrogant. very well,” said Whiskers who looked at him like he was a child.

“We'll see about that” Bicro was angry at the belittling.

One again, a loud voice rang in the ears of the speculators. “The Match begins now!”

Bicro did not wait a minute before bringing down the large axe he held.

Whiskers half opened eyes nearly opened completely as he jumped backwards before they squinted “It's impossible to fight like that in a battle between proficient mana users?”

Dust welled up in front of him as soon as the axe landed on the ground. A strange sensation seemed to have passed through his body before the croc began to rush towards him.

Whiskers dark blue eyes waited patiently for the enemy to approach and when the croc swung his axe heavily in the air and struck the ground of the floor which was starting to crack.

He was shocked to see his small opponent climbing onto his arm so steadily and approaching him with a shocking speed and before he knew it, Whiskers had stretched a claw to his face.