Lord of Shadows

The chilly desert winds brought during the nighttime woke Naz up from her unconscious state.

She was surprised to see her hands being strapped with a silvery black rope while her feet tingled with the desert sand.
"We're restrained by mana ropes," She thought.

"Where are we?" said a voice, a few meters away from her.

"Shush! Urluck. We fell into a trap" She said.
"They had water, anyone would fall for it after crossing the desert for three days," Eiggeira refuted her.

"But I wonder why she did that?" he added.
"It's because she's a sour hand," Naz answered.

"Great, first we lost our way and now we're about to be made sacrifices in exchange for power due to the crazy beliefs of a few dolts and mad orcs," Bickernash complained.

"I have to agree with you," Naz nodded.

Urluck revealed a grin at the duo "Not all hope is lost, we can still escape"

"Have you paid no heed to the tightness of the rope? Its infused with mana that strenghtens it" Bickernash scolded him.

"As usual, the only purpose of your mouth is to be ran at all times"

Their bickering was interrupted by the sounds of loud footsteps in the sand and a torch inching towards them.

The group stared at the figure who had trapped them with hospitality, her brown eye color had now switched to dark red.

From the burning gaze of the cactus spine that served as a torch, Mag smiled at them before speaking "Today, I have gained four healthy level 15 orcs for sacrifice,"

"Feel proud, for your strength will be useful in giving power from the Graklar Lord of Shadows," She said.

From the room he stayed in to watch the events of Ornio, Shawn felt amused at what he had heard "The Lord of Shadows hmmm,"

"System, what's with this Lord of Shadows that the orcs in the hardcore desert believe in?" 

[The Lord of Shadows is a being formed from the law of belief and associated with strength which is gained from the shadows cast by the sun's light]

"I could ask what the philosophy of the followers of this being are but I'll prefer to just watch," he said while facing the screen.

"You followers of that being are disgusting. Using your fellow comrades in exchange for a short span of power is deplorable,"

Mag did not reply to Naz's taunts and just placed her hand on the sand before moving around to form a circle around the group.

Then she started to create straight lines at the four edges of the circle, each line facing a different direction.

She then placed her hand on the ground and began to speak out words that the group found strange.

"She's about to start something," Bickernash yelled before he started to roll in the sand, escaping the circle that Mag had just formed while also ruining it.

Mag's face revealed irritation as she was still holding her cactus torch with her other hand.

She soon dropped the torch on the ground and sand filled some parts of it so as to keep it stable.

Upon noticing her inching towards him, Bickernash began to roll on and on and before long, the rest of the team joined in and literally ruined all that she has made.

"You weren't expecting us to remain still while you willingly murdered us for power?" Naz spat out.

"As long as you're still bound by those ropes which you cannot break free and are bound to die no matter how you run,"