xlvii

NOW PLAYING...

HEY KIDS by MOLINA, LATE VERLANE

Jotaro and Dio jumped from building to building, their Stands doing most of the physical confrontation of fists

Jotaro and Dio jumped from building to building, their Stands doing most of the physical confrontation of fists. You chased down the streets as fast as you could, with once or twice Dio stopping time, seemingly, as he would appear in spots in the blink of an eye. You stopped once you saw Dio, with a trail of blood, crash into the glass window of a nearby Fine China shop. His leg was sliced in the process.

You rushed to Jotaro, who hung from a bookstore sign. He looked at you. "I could move, but only for a second."

"How--You know what, there's no time. You managed to punch him when you could; well done."

"We're not finished yet. Save the praise for later." He landed next to you and looked at Dio. "Looks like you've already recovered."

"Surprised? You've been traveling with (Y/N) for a while... Shouldn't you expect this?" In his hand was a woman who picked the wrong day to be at work, his fingers deep in her skin. He threw the body to the side, then reappeared behind you. "You can see me moving, can't you, Jotaro?"

"Thanks to Kakyoin telling the old man."

"Yes, he did you quite the favor. It helped you learn how to do it, too." Dio moved to a different building, seemingly just to show off and intimidate. "How long can you move for? Probably just a second since you're not answering me. Well, I know quite the execution method..." He pulled out a plethora of knives. "You're pale knowing you're about to meet an end worse than your grandfather."

The voice again: "See what I mean? What can you do right now that he cannot? So much."

"If you gave me a second to think, I could," you hissed under your breath. But time stopped again and suddenly the knives were flying toward Jotaro. You sent our Bears in Trees, hoping it would be faster than leaping yourself, but it didn't stop all of them. You took a step back, bleeding from where the blades landed into your Stand. "Shit."

Jotaro fell onto the pavement. You ran past the bystanders and started pulling the knives out of his frantically, but he stopped you, taking your wrist. "Drei." You looked down.

Magazines.

Dio stood across the street. He held a road sign. "I'd suggest you step out of the way, (Y/N). Things will get bloody when I chop his head off."

You jumped in front of Jotaro to stop the swing, but something other than your hand prevented Dio from completing the attack--Polnareff, his Silver Chariot's blade going through the vampire's skull. Dio was not happy with this. After stopping time, he had moved off the sword and punched Polnareff into a building.

You ran over to the bleeding Frenchman. You took your cloak off, ripping some fabric with your teeth to use as a makeshift bandage. (Y/N) the First appeared next to you.

"You baby your friends. There's more important things at hand."

You shook your head. "I have a plan."

"Do you now? I'd love to hear it." But you didn't respond.

Dio started to approach you. "Leave him. His moments are limited." He gripped his sign tighter. You said nothing but took out Bears in Trees. He growled and lunged at Dio, biting his right arm. It was easy for Dio to push him off, but BIT attacked again, going for the other arm. The vampire simply just did the same thing, then chuckled. "Are you done with your little Stand tantrum? Is it out of your system?"

You looked up at him finally. Your Stand took a few steps back, then leaped again, aiming for the head. Dio stood in place, taking out The World and grabbing Bears in Trees by the head.

You felt the original (Y/N)'s hands on your shoulders. "What is your goal?"

"Freeze! Police!"

Your eyes widened. Not that. Why now of all times did the officers decide to arrive?

Dio snapped his head towards the officers. In the process, he did the same to your Stand... forcibly. You heard the sound of your neck at the same time as Bear in Trees's. You fell to the side, your vision only getting more and more blurred as you blinked.

The first blink: Dio had killed one of the police officers.

The second time, you saw the legs of (Y/N).

After the third time, she had bent down and your blinks began to get slower. "If you still needed oxygen to function, you'd be losing your ability to breathe just now. In the break of your neck, it snapped your spinal cord. Your brain is severed from the rest of the body. There's nothing in you that tells the rest to continue to live." She crawled closer to you. "Your Stand is a part of you, so when it's dying... well, all I can say now is... let your final moment be peaceful." She gently lifted your head onto her lap. Her strokes through your hair were comforting.

Bears in Trees disappeared into smoke and you closed your eyes.

-end of chapter forty-seven