xvi

NOW PLAYING...

ELECTRIC LOVE by BØRNS

Somehow, someway, your group had acquired a carriage to take you to your next destination: Karachi

Somehow, someway, your group had acquired a carriage to take you to your next destination: Karachi. You were, unfortunately, forced to sit next to the old hag to be under the shade of the top. 

"Hey, a doner kebab place!" pointed out Joseph. "Why don't we stop and get something to eat?"

"Cooked meat?" you questioned, slouching and your arms crossed. "Don't they have anything... raw?" Your mouth watered at the thought. 

"I doubt they'll give us a living creature for you to feast on, Drei," the old man sighed, stopping the horse that acted as your transport.

You shrugged. "I'll pass, then." 

Joseph got out of the carriage and approached the vendor. "Excuse me! I'd like five of those."

"Five will cost you a thousand yen," the vendor said with a smile. 

"'A thousand yen?'" repeated Joseph, taking his hat off with a hardy laugh. "Don't mock me, now! That's far too much."

"How much would you buy them for?"

"Make it 250 yen for five."

The vendor laughed, "If I sold them for that much, my whole family would starve to death!" He gestured to his neck, moving his finger across his neck like it was about to be chopped off his torso. 

"Then maybe I'll just buy them somewhere else."

He turned to leave, but the vendor put his hand up to stop him. "Okay, friend! I'm very kind to foreigners. I'll sell you five for 700 yen."

"Make it 300!"

"600!"

"350!"

"550!"

"400!"

"450!"

At the same time, they both pointed at one another. "425!"

"I'll take them!" Joseph said. 

The vendor handed the bag full of food to Joseph and a smug grin on his face. "Bye-bye! Thank you!"

You rolled your eyes at the old man's return. "That was a pathetic display, really."

He was about to answer when he gasped. "Hey! The old lady's awake!"

Everyone in the carriage turned, but you didn't bother. You were quite unphased, actually. "Trust me, she isn't going to do anything. She honestly looks terrified, though I'm not sure as to why..."

"I-I... I haven't said anything...!" she whimpered out with worry. "W-Why are you here before me!? Do you think that I, Enya, would actually tell them the secret of Lord Dio's Stand!? Not even the Morning Star knows!"