xxxiii

NOW PLAYING...
LOVE FROM THE OTHER SIDE by FALL OUT BOY

The tape of the V.H.S. formed a humanoid figure, with purple eyes forming in the space between. It did not hesitate to take its "appendages" and wrap the material around you. Unable to move your arms, it brought you close to Damyon. 

He bent down to speak with you. As you opened your mouth to say something, it wrapped the tape around your mouth, too. "You have the ability of Lord Dio, yet you chose to fight with your Stand? Pathetic." Waterparks threw you to the ground, releasing you, followed by Damyon spitting on the wood. "I know you're not going to come willingly. Hurry up and let's go." He formed fists. 

You, in turn, retreated your Stand. Seeing how the Stand could move like a ribbon, your attacks could be easily dodged, even with the ability to call in other animals. "You know what, Damyon, you'll get what you want and I'll use my vampirism." You crouched down, preparing your plan in your mind.

He grinned wide. "Yes!"

To start, you jumped high to get a better shot with your Space Ripper Stingy Eyes. Your aim was at Damyon himself, but Waterparks was able to wrap around your ankles and slam you back down onto the dock. 

The zombie laughed. "Is that all you got?"

"Of course not," you grumbled, getting back on your feet. "I'm the Morning Star, remember?"

You ran forward, prepping your Vaporization Freezing Technique by freezing your hands. Still, the moment you lunged forward, Waterparks just wrapped around you again, this time using its whole "body" to restrain you, your mouth, and your eyes like a mummy. 

Once more, Damyon cackled. "Nice try, (Y/N), but you've seen to have met your match with my Waterparks!" 

Laugh all you want, you foul man, but I'm not done just yet... 

You heard his feet approach you, along with his undead stench growing stronger. That's when you once more took out Bears in Trees and had him pounce on Damyon. This caught him off guard enough for you to escape his Stand. 

Jumping to your feet, you took no extra time to shoot your Stingy Eyes at the Stand until there were holes in the tape. You heard Damyon grunt as his Blood Vessel Needles emerged and attacked Bears's face. Feeling that same pain, you once more retreated it.

"Alright, no more fucking around," Damyon grumbled, retreating his Stand back into the V.H.S. case. He took out the second one inside, breaking it over his knee. Tape once more came out, only this time, the space between it was filled with static, and loud radio noises emerged from it. "Waterparks: Tape Two--Kill her! I'll bring Dio back her corpse!"

You wiped your bleeding face. "I don't think he'd much appreciate that." You shot your Stingy Eyes at him. 

With a screech emerging from Tape Two, it threw a cartoony-looking bomb toward you. You jumped over the Stand itself, landing in between it and Damyon. "You're bad at your job." You tackled the zombie, pinning his limbs to the ground. "Also, your Stand sucks." You stood up, using your foot to keep him down by pressing down on his neck. The other held down his hand he used to take out his Stand. 

"It's only because I use my supernatural gifts instead of relying on a cheap trick like a Stand," he growled. 

You rolled your eyes. "Okay, so, it's clear you never practiced with your Stand, otherwise you wouldn't be saying that... What would Dio think?"

"Does it matter anymore? I'm about to die. I can say anything without having to face the repercussions."

"Do you want those to be your last words?"

"No one will remember me, just get it done and over with. I'll see you in Hell."

Doing as he requested, taking liberty in the fact you couldn't use Hamon to destroy him, you used your Stingy Eyes for the final time that day, burning him until his grunts of pain stopped and all that was left was dust. 

"That was easy... Too easy." You paused for a moment, watching the dust fall through the wood of the dock. "Was he a distraction...?" You looked around, realizing you had no clue where you were and on top of it, you were alone.

"Shit... I gotta find four people now. God, I hope they're okay..." You started walking through the streets, your eyes shaking trying not only to avoid running into Yanni but trying to find any of your four friends. "C'mon, anybody... I don't like this. I don't know if I was tricked or if I'm overthinking but I just..." You shut your mouth. Even if you did speak softly, you didn't want to risk anyone overhearing you say "killed someone."

You heard barking. Turning your head, you saw Iggy, followed by your companions. You could've cried as you raced over to them, quickly engulfing Jotaro in a tight hug.

"Jesus, Drei, are you alright?" Jotaro questioned. "You're shaking."

"Are you guys okay?" you asked. "Was there any trouble? Is anyone hurt? St--"

"(Y/N), breathe. Calm down," Avdol advised. "Yes, however--"

You felt your stomach sink. "So I was right. It was a distraction."

"What're you talking about?" Joseph asked.

You looked around. "I'll... tell you in a less populated area..."

≛✪≛

You sat in a restaurant as your friends consumed their late breakfast. You told them everything that happened, and you even learned the identity of the man who led you to Damyon in the first place--Alessi, the Stand user that terrorized Polnareff and Jotaro that morning while Avdol and Joseph were dealing with another Stand user named Mariah. It was a rough morning for all of you, but you felt comfort in knowing you weren't the only one. 

"We're almost to Cairo," Joseph said as the waiter collected everyone's silverware. "We've got to figure out where Dio is hiding."

"Well seeing as that he sent a zombie after me, we must be getting close," you responded.

Avdol handed Joseph a polaroid camera. "Guess we'll see if you're right in your hypothesis." 

"Alright, here we go." Joseph took out Hermit Purple before smashing the device on the table. 

This, understandably, caused alarm and the waiter came rushing back. "Sir, is something the matter?"

"We're fine. Go away," Avdol answered. 

"Yessir."

As he shyly walked away, you raised a brow. "Did you have to be so rude?"

"It's better to be rude than to be polite and risk him being in any danger."

Joseph stared at the photo the camera produced, not saying a word. Jotao spoke up, "Well, old man? Can you see anything?"

"Just a little longer," Joseph responded. "There, I see something. Our final destination!" He threw down the Polaroid, which showed a mansion in the picture. 

"I've seen that place," you said. "At the docks, I was fighting at, I could see it in the distance."

Everything was starting to fall into place and make sense... and it scared you.

-end of chapter thirty-three