xii

NOW PLAYING...

NAME - 2015 REMASTER by THE GOO GOO DOLLS

You sat on a bus traveling to the sacred city of Varanasi with the rest of your group, plus the girl who had fallen in love with Hol Horse

You sat on a bus traveling to the sacred city of Varanasi with the rest of your group, plus the girl who had fallen in love with Hol Horse. You sat cross-legged while resting your head in the palm of your hand next to the aisle with Kakyoin beside you. 

In this silence, Polnareff decided to speak. It wasn't aimed towards you or any of your other friends, but the new girl. "Listen up, I don't usually lecture. Stupid people are stupid because they don't understand something even when you keep repeating it. You know guys like that, right? Idiots that don't understand, but you know, uh..." He trailed off embarrassingly. "... I never got your name...?"

She blinked shyly, her eyes slowly making contact with the Frenchman. "Nena."

"Nena! That's a great name! You're the daughter of a wealthy family in the sacred city Varanasi that we're passing through, right? You're good-looking and I can see that you're a smart girl--"

You turned around, taking off your hood so Polnareff could see how serious you were being. "Leave Nena alone. She's probably quite anxious about what happened. It would be best if you didn't bother the poor girl."

"What!? I'm not bothering her!" he defended himself with a gasp. He turned back to Nena. "I have an eye for people, so I'm going to lecture you: Hol Horse is a terrible, lying bastard. Your parents would cry. Listen up: You can't end up like this. It's easy to do that when you're in love... but you can't look at things this way. It's important to look broadly and be rational." The girl was quite unamused. You shot her a look, gesturing with your finger to express to her how crazy your friend was being. 

"Hey, it's coming into view," announced Kakyoin. "The city of Varanasi." 

You nodded, lifting your hood back over your head. When the bus came to a halt, you all left the vehicle. But, something was off with Joseph. Jotaro questioned him about it, "What's wrong, old man? You don't look well."

"Looks like the spot that I thought was a bug bite got infected," Joseph answered, showing everyone his arm. 

You shuddered in disgust. "Y-Yeah, that's definitely swollen... You should get a doctor to look at it before it gets worse."

Polnareff leaned over to get a look. "Hey, doesn't that sort of look like a person's face?"

"Stop kidding around, Polnareff," Joseph scolded, moving away from him. 

"Sorry 'bout that," he chuckled. "Want me to go to the hospital with you?"

"No! Stop treating me like an old man." 

He walked off on his own. Polnareff went the opposite way, bringing Nena with him. That just left you, Kakyoin, and Jotaro. You glanced over to make sure Polnareff was too far away to hear your voices, then turned to Kakyoin.