x

NOW PLAYING...

SHE DOESN'T SLEEP by ANTHONY AMORIM

"I'm a little worried," admitted Joseph as your group was situated at the bottom of a freighter that had taken you to India

"I'm a little worried," admitted Joseph as your group was situated at the bottom of a freighter that had taken you to India. "My image of India is a place where people only eat curry and you could fall ill at any time."

"I'm worried that my body may not be able to handle the culture gap," worried Polnareff.

To their concerns, Avdol chuckled. "That assessment is a little distorted. You needn't worry; it's a nice country where simple people live. I can guarantee it."

"What about the sun?" you questioned, pulling your hood down nervously as the boat docked. "Isn't it hot here?"

"As long as you keep your hood up, (Y/N), you should be fine." You heard the ramp connect to the door, so Avdol opened it. "Well, we're in Calcutta. Let's go."

You were about to head out when Jotaro stopped you. You looked at him with a raised brow. "Is there something wrong?"

Keeping his hand in yours, he used his other one to dig into his pocket and hand you something. "Your grandmother wanted me to give this to you a while ago. I'll be honest, it completely slipped my mind until I noticed you had luggage with you."

You took it with a gasp: It was her lace. "Thank you, Jojo!" You kissed his cheek as you tied it around your wrist.

He blushed with a nod and a quick smile on his face.

Joseph, Avdol, Kakyoin, and Polnareff had been waiting for you at the end of the ramp, so you didn't have to walk far to catch up. It wasn't all easy, though, as less than an hour into walking, locals had surrounded your group.

"Tip, tip, tip," one of the small boys in the ground said to Jotaro while grabbing onto the chain on his uniform. "If you don't give me a tip, you won't go to heaven, Mister."

"Ma'am, your eyes... There's something off about them," you heard a woman speak. You turned to look at her, upon which she tried to pull down your hood. You were quick to grab her wrist.

"Please don't touch my cloak," you uttered softly. "I'm quite sensitive to the sun..." She seemed afraid, so you let go and she ran off.

"Avdol!" called out Joseph. "This is India?"

"Isn't it great?" Avdol chuckled. "This is what makes this country so wonderful!"

A few more people came over, pushing you farther and farther away from Jotaro. He seemed to not notice as his back was turned, but suddenly, you felt something wrap around you. Turning your head around, you saw it to be Star Platinum's arms. You chuckled, "Oh, Jojo..."

≛✪≛

Eventually, you made it to a hotel restaurant. In front of everyone were cups of Chai, a drink made of black tea, sugar, ginger, and milk.