xix

NOW PLAYING...

A GUY THAT I'D KINDA BE INTO by STEPHANIE HSU, 'BE MORE CHILL' ENSEMBLE, and BE MORE CHILL

"(Y/N)... (Y/N), can you hear me?" 

You were dreaming, as you so often did. You never got the choice on whether Chaotic activated or not. Oddly enough, this time around, you were laying on the ground, your back pressed to the coldness of the void that surrounded you.

"Yeah, I can." You looked around. "Where are you?"

You saw nothing nor anyone but you heard circus music and a baby crying. It was enough to cause the hair on your hand to stand on its own.

"Something isn't right... Where's that great-great-grandmother of mine?"

That was when something hovered out of the void: a green balloon. You didn't move as it approached you before ceasing movement when it was close enough for you to see your own reflection in the color of the plastic. Tied to its sting was a card... a Tarot card to be exact. 

You took it with a gulp. "D-Death... Death... 13...?"

That was when the artwork grinned, followed by horrid laughter. 

≛✪≛

It was at that moment you finally woke up. Your chest felt tight and your body was shaking. Unfortunately, you couldn't take the time to regain composure because Kakyoin began screaming in the other room. You were quick to sprint over there, only to find Polnareff had beaten you to him. 

"Stop freaking out and shaking the bed like you're in The Exorcist. You scared me to death."

"Is everything alright?" you questioned softly, your hands folded in front of you. 

Kakyoin didn't answer, rather instead, asked in his own inquiry, "Where are we?"

"Don't ask dumb questions," Polnareff said. "Come on, get up already. (Y/N), you won't mind if I open up the window, do you?"

You shrugged, still dressed in your pajamas. "Let me move out of the way."

You walked to the other side of Kakyoin's room, staying in the shadows of the bedroom corners as the Frenchman let in the rays of the sun. 

"Once we eat, we're flying outta here."

"Looks like today is going to be hot..." You rolled your eyes. "Again."

Kakyoin sighed, "I had a terrifying dream."

"Join the club," you huffed, arms crossed. 

"It was truly terrifying."

"Oh, what did you dream about?" Polnareff questioned, walking back over to the redhead's mattress. "Let's hear it!"

"Well, I-I can't remember... I've forgotten it all."