xxii

NOW PLAYING...

ALARM by ATLAS, NO SENTENCES

"Let's split up so we can cover more ground

"Let's split up so we can cover more ground. North, south, east, west. I know it's not a very good plan, but it's better than nothing."

Kakyoin, Joseph, and Jotaro all nodded in agreement before heading off in their assigned direction, you included. You first started by sitting on your knees and putting your hands on the soil beneath you, closing your eyes, and taking a deep inhale. 

"His heartbeat... I feel it. It's the only one in my direction... Wait. That can't be right... Two heartbeats...? That has to be..." You stood up. "Avdol."

You wasted no second to begin running. There was no reason for him to be near Polnareff unless there was trouble. Avdol wouldn't just ignore the original plan to surprise the Frenchman.

You found yourself in a field, watching as Avdol grabbed a look-a-like of himself's wrist from behind while Polnareff was bleeding on the ground. He broke off the false Avdol's hand, leaving you stunned and confused. 

"Avdol! Polnareff!" you called out, rushing over.

"I knew it! There is another Avdol!" Polnareff was barely able to exclaim. "My eyes weren't playing tricks! Besides the clay doll Avdol... There's another!"

You stopped, noticing a girl hunched over the Frenchman. "Clay dolls...? These are some craftsmanship, then..." You looked back at Avdol, who had taken down his copy. You two shared a nod and took out your Stands. "Bears in Trees!"

"Magician's Red!"

"He should be dead..." Polnareff spoke. 

Avdol couldn't help but smirk. "Tsk. Task." He waved his finger side to side. 

"Muhammed Avdol!"

"Yes, I am!" 

"I'm... also here." You stood next to Avdol and waved awkwardly with a grin. 

You Stand went over to Polnareff and helped the Frenchman stand. "I-Is it really you?"

"Tsk, tsk. Polnareff, you haven't matured a bit. You're still going on about your sister without thinking of the consequences."

"Impossible!" You turned your head to see the cause of everything that was happening: An enemy Stand. "There's no way you can be alive! I was told after you were stabbed in the back, Hol Horse blew your brains out and you died on the spot!"

"Indeed, I was shot. Right in the forehead... but because I was stabbed in the back, for a moment, my face was looking up. Meaning, the bullet grazed me. I guess this is what you call a blessing in disguise." He pulled up his headband. "Hol Horse's bullet only scratched my skin and skull, so it never reached my brain and wasn't a mortal wound."