Chapter 93: The Indigo League Finale

Continuing straight from where we left off.

Smoke sits on the battlefield for a little while longer as both trainers look on with intense looks on their faces.

Eventually the smoke begins to clear, giving everybody a basic view of the battlefield after such a hefty collision.

On one side of the battlefield, Pikachu stands up straight while panting extremely heavily as marks and bruises coat his body. He looks worse for wear, but the electric mouse is definitely still on his feet.

The smoke soon clears on the other side of the battlefield as Aerodactyl comes into view. He's in an even worse state than Pikachu as he lays flat out on the battlefield. He soon reverts back to his regular form as small swirls appear in his eyes.

The crowd roar with cheers upon seeing the fainted Aerodactyl as the referee takes a closer look. He soon makes his decision as he raises his flag in the air and begins "Aerodactyl is unable to battle, Pikachu is the...."

"Pika pika."

Suddenly, Pikachu lets off a weak cry as he begins to look a little weary. All of a sudden, his legs give out from underneath him as he lands flat on his back, looking up at the sky with swirls in his eyes.

The crowd gasp in shock at Pikachu's sudden fall, all expecting him to be okay after he was initially left standing.

The referee soon readjusts his view on this battle as he raises two flags in the air and announces "Both Pikachu and Aerodactyl are unable to battle. That means that this match is a draw. Since both Lance and Ash are down to three pokemon, the scheduled half time break will now commence."

The crowd let off loud cheers of approval, clearly enthralled by such a close battle that is becoming even more unpredictable by the second. So far the action has been fast paced and unpredictable. That's exactly what the crowd were hoping for in a battle between two champions.

The commentator soon places a bright smirk on his face as he exclaims "Well would you believe it folks? This battle between two titans is all tied up going into the 2nd half. So far the action has been everything we could have asked for. Strong Pokemon, unpredictable strategies that have seen this battle go back and forth for some time. I'll tell you one thing folks, I can't wait for this break to end so we can see these two back out on the battlefield as soon as we possibly can."

Speaking of the two trainers, Lance returns Aerodactyl to his pokeball before thanking him for all his efforts. Like the rest of Ash's opponents he takes his temporary leave to rest up by the benches and regroup for the second half.

Meanwhile, Ash walks onto the battlefield and scoops Pikachu up into his arms like he's a new born baby. He smiles down at his first Pokémon as he exclaims "You were awesome out there buddy. Now take a good long rest because you deserve it."

Pikachu looks up at his trainer and lets off a weak "Pika pika," before shutting his eyes to rest up.

Ash soon takes Pikachu and walks him up towards the stands with him, as always, as he prepares to spend the half time break with his friends and family as usual.

He soon makes it up into the stands before he heads towards the rest of the gang. He instantly passes Pikachu over to Sylveon who holds him in her ribbon feelers while preparing to look after her mate.

She looks down at Pikachu with a concerned look on her face as she questions "Are you okay Pikachu?"

Pikachu opens his eyes slightly as he replies in a weak tone "I think so, did I do a good job?"