Chapter 11: Akala Evolution

Kiawe, Lilie and Mallow spent their free day back at the school where they each decided to catch up on missed school work. They then decided to catch up with Ash but when they visited the Professors house they were told they haven't seen him all day. The three shrugged it off and decided to meet up the next day at the school before boarding the ferry to Akala island. They now find themselves aboard the ferry but it seems like someone is missing.

"Where is he," Lillie pouts while starting to get impatient. Kiawe says in a calm tone "he hasn't let us down yet, I'm sure he'll be here." Mallow shakes her head and says "he probably just overslept I'm sure he's on his way." Lillie frowns and says "you better be right if he's ditched us I'm going to be super mad."

The three wait for another 10 minutes and grow even more concerned. Those concerns turn into panic when over the tannoy an announcement is made. "This is your captain speaking we'll be departing to Akala island in the next 30 seconds. We hope you have a pleasant journey."

Upon hearing the announcement the 3 start to panic as Lillie shouts "he's not going to make it." The tree look around for any sign of him until in the distance Kiawe spots a raven haired boy with a yellow dot on his shoulder. "There he is," Kiawe points out to the group. The other 2 look in his direction to see Ash sprinting towards the boat. He continues to sprint and shouts out "hey wait up."

The boat honks and starts to leave the dock as Ash edges closer waving his ticket. He reaches the end of the dock and leaps towards the boat. Luckily for him the jump is good enough and he is just about able to make it on the the boat.

Ash sits down and pants heavily, tired from the long sprint. He looks up at Pikachu and says in a warn out tone "just made it." Pikachu sweat drops and says "pika pi." Suddenly Ash hears a gathering of feet around him. He looks up to see his Alolan friends rushing towards him with relived looks on their faces. Mallow breathes a sigh of relief and says "thank goodness you made it." Kiawe walks up to Ash and holds out a hand. "Nice leap," he remarks. Ash takes the hand and smirks as he says "it was nothing." Kiawe helps Ash back to his feet as Lillie folds her arms and pouts "where were you! You made us all worried."

Ash sweat drops at Lillie's antics and says to himself "so this is how it feels to have a little sister." He puts his hands in a surrender position and says "okay let me explain." Ash tells the group all about what happened with Litten and Stoutland. The group find themselves saddened by Stoutland's passing but at the same time happy that Litten will now be travelling with them.

After cheering up the group choose to explore the ferry. They find themselves looking out over the edge at the ocean trying to spot different water type Pokémon. Ash in particular enjoys this as he gets to spot a few new Alolan water type Pokémon he hasn't seen before. Afterwards they decide to take a look at the snack bar as they all get a little hungry. After the meal they decide to check out their cabins for the overnight boat ride. The rooms are small but clean and are more than suitable for a night stay.

They decide to relax in their cabins for a bit before they go for dinner. After a nice meal they head into the entertainment hall where the 4 of them play a few arcade games and overall have a nice night full of fun. They then return to the cabins where they get a good nights rest.

The next day Ash is stood on the edge of the boat as his raven hair blows in the wind. As the Alolan sun starts to rise. His Pokémon are all out of their pokeballs as the boat pulls into dock. The boat stops as Ash steps off taking a deep breath. "Good morning Akala island, Ash from Pallet town has arrived," he says as he steps off the boat.

The three others and Ash's Pokémon step off as well as they breath in the morning air. Kiawe breaks the silence and speaks first. "So the first Akala island trial is against Lana correct." Ash nods and says yeah "that's correct. I can't wait to beat her and get my waterium Z." Mallow raises her eyebrow and says "do any of you actually know they way." Lillie shrugs and says "no." Ash starts to walk ahead and says "let's ask someone around here." The three nod and follow Ash. However they are suddenly stopped by a loud bellow. "I thought I would find you kids here."