Chapter 27: Celebrations and Tribulations

Team Rainbow Rocket headquarters

Giovanni and Lysandre sit opposite each other in a conference room while a presentation plays on the big screen. Giovanni smirks and says "Good work Lysandre, I must admit I was sceptical of your technology at first but you really have pulled through." Lysandre stirs his drink and says
"It's just like I told you Giovanni. Lysandre labs have the best science division in the world. Figuring out what you need for your plan was a piece of cake."

Giovanni chuckles and says "I guess I should be more open minded Lysandre. Soon we will be the most powerful men in the world and no one will stop us." Lysandre smirks clicks across to the next slide in his presentation.

"Your research on aura leaves us with two possible outcomes Giovanni. One Ketchum dies and we take the girls aura or two the girl dies and we take Ketchums aura." Giovanni smirks and says "Good, the plan will be to kill Ketchum and take the girls. However should the alternative situation arise to turn him dark that outcome would be much more desirable." Lysandre cackles and grins as he whispers "Good, I just want to make them suffer and that scarf wearing brat too."

The door to the room slowly creaks open as Guzma peeks his head in with a nervous looking expression. Lysandre nods and leaves the room while Giovanni smiles evilly at the team skull leader. "Is this a bad time Mr Giovanni," Guzma asks. Giovanni shakes his head and says "No Guzma it's a great time, me and Lysandre were just discussing how we were going to get you precious ultra wormhole open. So tell me how did things go with the girl."

Guzma gulps and says nervously "She got away." Giovanni raises his voice a little and shouts "How could you let that happen!" Guzma shakes his head and counters "She had protection Giovanni. From a Pokémon and trainer."

Giovanni's expression hardens as he says in a stern tone "Show me the footage." Guzma nods and walks up to a computer and types. A few seconds later a body cam footage from one of the grunts appears on the big screen. Giovanni watches the footage and focuses on two things. He points to the screen and says "Bring up the data on that Pokémon." 

Guzma nods and types a few buttons before an image of Sceptile appears on it. Underneath the text reads: Sceptile, Grass type, moves Leaf storm Leaf blade, Bullet seed, Dragon pulse. Current location Mauville city, Registered trainer: Ash Ketchum.

Giovanni smirks upon seeing the registered trainer. He says to himself "So he provided her with protection. My suspicions must be correct they are close. Maybe getting Ketchum to break will be easier than expected."

He turns back to the screen and sees a mahogany haired trainer with a Blastoise. Giovanni smirks instantly recognising the trainer as the boy who took on his gym 7 years ago and got destroyed by Mewtwo. Giovanni remembers him being a good trainer by then but the boy stood no chance against his perfect creation, however if Ash has allies like this on his side, beating him will not be so straight forward.

Giovanni smiles as the video finishes. He turns to Guzma and says "Good work Guzma, I think we understand the strength of our foes a little better now." Guzma nearly falls over expecting Giovanni to ridicule him for his mistakes and says "Um, yes I agree with you Giovanni." Giovanni smirks and says "I'm proud of you Guzma, I think we'll need your grunts to test our foe's strength a little more." Guzma nods and says "Just say the word boss." Giovanni smirks an evil smirk as he brings up his target list on the screen with his eyes fixated on the top two.
_______________________________
Intro