Chapter 69: Evolution Festival Frenzy

Rose tower

A multi coloured swirl of energy, bigger than last time sits in a protective container at the front of the secret lab. The energy only continues to grow by the second, and swirls even more out of control.

At the front of the room, chairman Rose sits at his computer, smiling at the sight before him. He takes a deep sigh as he whispers to himself "The fix to such an energy crisis is right in front of us. The source of great wealth. The day I release him, the Galar region will thank me for ridding them of such problems. I'll be a hero and my company will thrive from it. It'll be not a dark day, but a new dawn."

As the evil chairman continues to collect his thoughts, he hears a pattering of footsteps sound behind him as his assistant steps into the room. As Olena approaches, the chairman turns around in his seat and questions "How was the debrief with J?"

Olena puts a less than impressed look on her face and replies "Just as angry as me, she's not pleased with how you practically set her up to be stopped by the frog. I'm still not happy with the lack of strength in that poisonous gas. That girl should still be struggling with severe symptoms."

Rose shakes his head at Olena's lack of long term thinking. He takes a small sigh before he exclaims "Olena, you really need to learn about long term planning. You poison the girl properly and she dies, then what? Ash doesn't come to the Galar league and the plan is ruined. Plus, I thought you wanted your revenge the right way. As for J, let me deal with her. She's a mercenary, she'll always chase the money."

Olena clenches her fists in anger as she lets off a calming breath. She shakes her head a little before she snaps "Fine! But I want that Gabena one on one."

Rose chuckles a little before he replies in his usual measured tone "You will, you just have to wait a few months."

Olena nearly losses herself as she frowns at the statement and shouts "You've got to be kidding me! We're waiting months!? I thought the time to strike was now!"

Rose takes Olena's reaction on and goes into shroud businessman mode. He smiles almost warmly towards her and replies "The energy will take its to time merge and bond together. We simply cannot rush this or Eternatus will never arrive."

Olena hears her boss's convincing words and instantly falls in line. She bows a little in front of him and remarks in a professional tone "My apologies sir. So what is the plan in the meantime."

Rose smiles at Olena's loyalty as he explains in a cunning manner "We move onto faze two of preparation. Now that we have the aura samples, I have been able to analyse it. From the looks of things, it's even more powerful than we originally thought. That's perfect for drawing out Eternatus, but no so perfect for our chances."

Olena hears Rose's point and can't help but feel a little concerned about that power. She raises an eyebrow and questions "What are we going to do about it sir."

Rose let's off a small evil laugh before he explains in a sinister voice "As I explained before, we think of a way to block it travelling large distances. Short distance would be impossible, but over long distances we have a solution to look into. It just needs, developing."

Olena takes in Rose's plans and infers "Your worried about the frog right?"

Rose nods and explains "I've seen his power, he's too much to take a chance on. The prophecy reads, a warrior with two Pokémon in blue will stop the man with too much greed. Well that is a sign to me not to take a chance on him showing up. Without aura to call one and other, how will Ash be able to call on his mysterious pokemon?"