Chapter 61: Galar Gym Debut

Ash and Pikachu continue to run through the streets of Galar as they head mindlessly towards the outskirts of the town with excitement overflowing through their bodies.

Letting themselves forget all about their recent goodbyes, they both continue to dash through the streets as they let their enthusiasm for adventure take over.

However, they are soon snapped out of their want for adventure as a loud shout echoes behind them "Hey wait up Ash!"

Ash and Pikachu both stop running and turn towards the source of the voice. Upon turning around, they are both greeted by the sight of a familiar face as Ash exclaims "Oh hey Hop, what's up?"

Hop takes a second to think about his next action before he places a determined look on his face. He runs straight towards the Alola champion and bows down in front of him.

Ash is completely confused by Hop's actions as a bead of sweat drips down his forehead. He scratches his his head nervously as he questions "Um, what are you doing?"

Hop shakes his head frantically as he pleads in a desperate voice "Please, let me come with you!"

Ash takes a step away form the Galar champion's brother as confusion etches onto his face. He raises an eyebrow a little in suspicion as he questions "Um, why are you asking me that?"

Hop takes a nervous breath before he continues in a pleading tone "Please Ash, I want to come with you. I want to learn from you and your Pokémon so I can be ready for the Galar league. Please Ash, I hate to admit it but I know I'll learn more from travelling with you then I will from training with my big brother. He'll just do what he always does and win every battle with Charizard. With you, I think I can become a better trainer. Then when the Galar league comes around, I might just have a chance to compete with Leon.

Ash takes a second to take in Hop's words before a smile rises onto his face. He nods his head in confirmation before he exclaims "Well Hop, your welcome to join me. But first things first, stand up straight. I'm the Alola champion, not the Alola  king. My girlfriend is the one who's got a royal title, not me."

Hop obliges to Ash's request as he stands up straight. He gives the Alola champion a thankful smile before he replies "Thank you Ash, I won't let you down. Oh and by the way, where are you heading now?"

Ash smiles at Hop's appreciation for letting him travel with him. At the end of the day, Ash has always enjoyed traveling with other people. Being on his own is cool, but sharing his experiences with others has always been his preference.

Hop, despite being a bit younger than himself, is a battler just like him so they should have plenty to talk about. Being more experienced, Ash can help teach the young man some tricks along the way too. It sounds like a perfect companion for his short journey.

Plus, it's someone Serena knows as well. While it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, Ash can already imagine Serena's jealousy if he was travelling with a girl their age.

Ash shakes off that thought for now and brings Hop up to speed as he explains "Well, I'm heading to Turfield stadium. I have an exhibition battle there in a few days against Milo."

Hop smiles as he hears about the first stop on their journey before he replies "That sounds great, I can show you the way there if you want. I've been there plenty of times at this point."

Ash feels a little relief wash over him as he learns that Hop knows exactly where he's going. He scratches the back of his head nervously and exclaims "Thanks Hop. Me and Pikachu were kind of just running aimlessly. We were sort of lost in our excitement."