Chapter 44: The Top Of The Castle

Intro

We start off at the courtyard where all parties are continuing their battle with the ultra beasts, grunts and admins. The battle is still very much in the balance as momentum swings back and forth.

Brock is currently deep in a duel with Nihilego as the rock type gym leader looks to neutralise the ultra beast. He extends his arm forward and shouts "Steelix use hyper beam." Steelix nods and lets off a loud roar as he opens his massive jaw and fires off a clear beam of light towards Nihilego.

The ultra beast sees the attack coming and quickly forms a counter. They glow with a bright aura for a few seconds before firing off a massive beam of light of their own as they use meteor beam. The two attacks clash with a massive impact, causing a huge explosion that spreads smoke all over the battlefield.

Lycanroc looks to take advantage of the large cloud of smoke as he glows with a bright aura before changing towards Nihilego with accelerock. Unfortunately for Ash's rock type ace, Nihilego sees him coming all the way and readies himself. He extends his tentacles and catches Lycanroc in his grasp. Lycanroc tries to shake free but to no avail as he stays firmly locked in the ultra beasts grip. The ultra beast snickers slightly before he throws Lyacnroc back the way he came. Lycanroc slams backwards and bounces off steelix, hitting the mega evolved steel type with thud. Lycanroc cries out in pain from hitting such a solid surface and slumps to the ground with marks and bruises covering his body.

Brock gasps in worry and shouts "Lycanroc, you okay?"

Lycanroc looks back at Brock while feeling little ashamed of himself. He really wants to prove his strength to those around him but right now he's struggling to do so. Truth is he really wants to beat Nihilego to prove a point. He was a little disappointed back in ultra space that Ash chose to battle Nihilego with Pikachu and not him. Don't get it twisted he respects his trainers choice and it end up being the right one but still. There's a small part of him that still wonders if he could of saved the day. Now's his chance to prove it.

Brock notices the rock type Pokémon's conflicted look. He smiles and exclaims in a calm tone "Hey don't beat yourself up over a mistake Lycanroc. I can tell your a strong Pokémon. Trust me Ash wouldn't let you battle opponents like this otherwise. We'll get him if we work together."

Lycanroc looks at Brock and nods in agreement, feeling a little less conflicted about his situation. Their discussion is soon interrupted as Nihilego extends his tentacles and fires off a bunch of small stones towards the pair as he uses power gem.

Brock shakes his head and shouts "Steelix, take the hit." Steelix nods and moves forward, throwing his body into the rocks. The rocks smash of Steelix's stainless steel body as he cries out in pain. However the monstrous steel type Pokémon stays strong. The stones bounce off him as he continues to move forward.

Brock pumps his fist and shouts "Now use iron tail." Steelix nods and hardens his massive tail before swinging it towards Nihilego. The iron tail slams straight into the ultra beast, causing them to cry out in pain while staggering back.

Lycanroc decides it's time to make his move as he runs and climbs up Steelix. He stands a top of Steelix's head as he glows with a white aura before slamming himself towards Nihilego with accelerock. The attack slams straight into the ultra beast with some impact, causing him to cry out in pain and hit the ground.

Brock smirks as he pumps his fist and shouts "Now wrap it up with stone edge." Both Pokémon let off loud cries as Steelix slams the ground with his tail while Lycanroc slams it with his front legs. Suddenly the ground shakes as two separate lines of stones rise up from either side of Nihilego. The ultra beast turns his head left and right, not knowing where to go as the stones near. Suddenly the stones get ever closer as Nihilego frantically looks for an escape. Unfortunately for the ultra beast there isn't one as the rocks slam straight into him causing a huge explosion. The smoke hangs in the air for a few seconds before it finally dissipates. Once it does it reveals Nihilego on the ground with swirls in his eyes.