Chapter 89: Slicing Through The Darkness!

Start from the beginning

Serena soon raises an eyebrow as she notices that Ash is yet to send out the rest of his pokemon. She shakes her head a little as she questions "Ash, are you going to send out your Pokémon?"

Ash nods as he explains to his girlfriend "Yeah I will, but first I should warn you. I've still got Annihilape on me and you guys haven't met yet. I know how you get around ghosts so I didn't want to just send him out."

Serena hears that statement and does shiver a little at the thought of ghost type Pokémon. She was too caught up in the moment to realise it in the stadium, but now that she thinks about Annihilape is pretty creepy looking.

She soon takes a big deep breath as she puts a brave face on. She looks at her boyfriend with determination as she exclaims "I promise you I'm not going to be scared. But can I suggest one thing, maybe we should feed the rest of your Pokémon outside first? After all they could be a little overwhelmed by meeting each other all again?"

Ash smiles warmly at his girlfriend, not for one second thinking about making any sort of jokes about her fear of the unnatural. He takes her by the hand as he replies "That sounds good to me beautiful."

Serena smiles at Ash's understanding as the two of them walk towards the back garden. Pikachu soon follows on as he excuses himself from the table, wanting to catch up with Annihilape too.

The bowls of food soon line up on a picnic table outside, ready for Ash's Pokémon to chow down on.

The Alola champion soon takes 4 Pokeballs off his belt as he throws them all up into the air and shouts "Everybody come on out!"

Pokeballs hit the ground as: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot and Charizard emerge. Pikachu soon lines up and joins them too as they all wait for further instructions off their trainer.

Ash soon smiles at the 5 Kanto native pokemon as he explains "Alright everyone, before you eat I've got someone I'd like to introduce you to."

Ash's Pokémon all look on with excited looks on their faces, knowing who they're about to see after watching the battle earlier.

Ash soon reveals exactly who it is as he takes a pokeball off his belt. He throws it up in the air as he shouts "Annhilape come on out!"

The pokeball hits the ground as Ash's newly evolved Annhilape emerges from his pokeball. Almost instantly, a smile coats his face as he lets off a welcoming cry to his old friends.

Pikachu is the first to make a move as he leaps up onto Annhilape's shoulder while letting off a happy "Pika pika!"

Annhilape smiles up at the electric mouse as Bulabsaur, Squirtle and Pidgeot all make a move towards the fighting type Pokémon too. They soon find themselves all shaking hands and letting off happy cries as they reintroduce themselves to each other.

Ash and Serena both look at each other and share a quick warm smile, both genuinely happy to see Ash's Pokémon all reuniting like this.

After a few minutes of greetings Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeot give Annihliape a bit of breathing room as Ash's Charizard walks over.

The fire type starter looks down at Annihilape with a serious look on his face as he questions "So you finally came back?"

Annihilape looks up at Charizard and smirks a little as he exclaims "You've grown a little. So what are you the boss around here?"

Charizard shakes his head as he replies "Just a regular old team member that's all. As long as you fall in line and don't act out. You remember the Charmander that beat you and lead to you being captured."