Calm Before the Storm

The uniform Kakashi rarely replaced no longer fitted him. He glowered at it, sitting in his bedroll, and kept staring at it until Sasuke stirred from his sleep.

Izumi and Kakashi had discussed what to do with the pup while the other two trained. Kakashi had been informed about Jiraiya's interference, and since there wasn't much to do about that Kakashi didn't bother. Would have been nice to know from Jiraiya himself though, instead of from Ebisu, the jerk.

But Jiraiya was his favourite author of all time, so he could get away with that without too much hassle.

It had been decided that Kakashi would take Sasuke out to train, (even though Tenzo kept complaining, saying Kakashi was almost fifteen weeks along and shouldn't be out in the wilderness) and even learn to use Chidori once he and Izumi discovered Sasuke had a Lightning chakra nature. The thought made him feel anxious, because Chidori had been used on Rin-

But no. Sasuke had a chance to use it to protect people. He didn't have to be a murderer like Kakashi. He could be so much better.

"Why are you glaring at your clothes?"

He glanced back, seeing Sasuke stretching out his limbs and brushing the sleep from his eyes. Kakashi grimaced at his predicament.

"My uniform won't fit anymore..."

"None of it?" Sasuke frowned.

"I can't zip up my jacket. All that fits me right now are my trousers." Kakashi groaned. "Why do babies have to grow so much? Why can't they just pop into existence?"

Sasuke snorted, as he got dressed into clothes that actually fitted him. Lucky. "Would make repopulating the clans so much easier."

"Yeah! Instead I have to grow one." Kakashi gestured to his stomach. "And I have never had a sweet tooth, but now all I crave are sweet things. I don't get it. All these hormones are driving me crazy! And now I have to wear civilian clothes or see if there is a pregnancy uniform?"

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Oh no. The horror."

Kakashi huffed. "I like my uniform."

"You could easily buy something more comfortable and stylish." Sasuke snorted. "Maybe something in green or blue?"

"Stop judging my fashion sense." Kakashi wrinkled his nose. "It makes you sound too grown up."

"Says the guy who uses 'thousand years of death' on people. You did that to those bandits we fought a couple of days ago. It's probably why you're not getting any mission and are stuck with me."

That had been funny. The look of sheer terror on the bandits faces when they realised one of their own had been scarred for life.

"That's because you're my student, and the only accessible one at that. The other two, well, Sakura is being mentally and possibly physically scarred by Izumi, and Naruto is learning to control his chakra."

"Yeah, kinda interested to see what happens to them both," Sasuke admitted. "Izumi is Izumi, and Naruto is with a Sannin of all folk." Sasuke smirked. "But we're learning the one and only technique you haven't copied. I'm excited to use that."

"It is handy, but you also have to be quick on your toes, as well with your processing of it." Kakashi frowned. "Imagine if you were in the middle of a charge, and the enemy had some kind of teleportation technique. They could easily throw one of their own men, or one of our teammates into the attack."

"So we're working on my reaction time, as well as boosting up my speed."

"Exactly. Your Sharingan helps with that of course, but good to keep up your natural abilities too instead of relying on one thing." Kakashi smiled, but paused when he felt a flicker of familiar chakra brush over him.