A Snake and a Mr. Kidnapper

The bug guy was sent flying off his feet. Naruto winced, as did Hinata, but he noticed that Kiba merely shrugged it off. Shino had always been creepy, was always easily offended when it came to his bugs, and protective. But that wasn't the most important thing right now. Sasuke had been taken off the matches, and Naruto had no idea why. Sakura had said something about a mark though.

"Sakura," Naruto whispered.

"Yeah?"

"What's this about a mark on Sasuke? You sounded worried."

Sakura shrugged nervously. "It's nothing really. Izumi and Kakashi sensei are dealing with it now."

Naruto frowned. "Why are you all keeping something from me? What did that creepy snake woman do to Sasuke?"

"It's nothing you need to worry about."

Naruto scowled. "Of course, it is. Sasuke is our teammate, but we also live together and my mate-"

Sakura scoffed, crossing her arms. "Some mate. You rarely ever try to help him."

Naruto bristled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"When was the last time you did anything nice for Sasuke?" Sakura rolled her eyes. "He's supposed to be your mate, yet I've made more advances in romantic gestures than you. It's like you don't even care."

"None of us have even presented yet," Naruto said. "And why would I want to try romance Sasuke? I want to beat him!"

Sakura sighed. "You're hopeless, Naruto. I don't know why I even try."

Naruto didn't get it. What was the rush anyway? They hadn't even presented yet but Sakura was obsessed with romancing Sasuke. They weren't even mates, he and Sasuke were, but neither of them cared about that.

So why was she so worked up?

Naruto supposed it didn't matter. He was a bit worried about Sasuke, but with both Izumi and Kakashi sensei looking after him he should be perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about! Sasuke would be back out with them and in the exams in no time at all. Sure, it was annoying that nobody was telling him what was going on, but he'd pester them later about it. Naruto grinned. Yeah, they'd tell him, even if that meant bribing Kakashi sensei with food.

.::.

Kakashi finished the blood writing. Izumi blanched. It looked way too complicated for her, but she supposed Kakashi would find seals easier since he was pretty by raised by two seal experts. The Fourth Hokage and his wife were supposed to be amazing with seals after all, if she recalled rightly.

"Okay." Kakashi nodded, satisfied. "Brace yourself, Sasuke. I'll get this over with as quickly as I can."

Sasuke nodded.

Kakashi went through a bucket load of hand seals before his chakra flared. "Curse sealing!" Kakashi placed his hand on the mark and his chakra flared even brighter. Sasuke screamed at first, then gasped breathlessly as the seal blood marks absorbed quickly into the curse mark, forming a cage around the seal.

Sasuke collapsed to his hands and knees, gasping and whimpering. Kakashi made a few soothing noises from the back of his throat, much to Izumi's amusement. He really was becoming more of a mother-hen as time went on, huh? Kakashi knelt beside Sasuke.

"You're done," Kakashi soothed. "Now, the next time that curse mark starts acting up the seal should keep it in check." His voice hardened and he forced Sasuke to meet his gaze. "But remember this seal is only as strong as you are. If your will power weakens and you begin to lose faith and doubt yourself, the curse will be unleashed in all its fury."