Evidence of Past and Present Misdeeds

"I can't believe you wouldn't let me fight this gag order," Guy complained. "People need to know they are being used. It's horrible and shameful of the council. I'll never forgive them! I promise on my youthful soul I will fight this-"

"Fight what, Guy Sensei?" Lee asked.

"Something horrible, Lee!" Guy scowled.

Izumi rolled her eyes. "Relax, I know what I'm doing."

Kakashi finally raised his gaze from the ground and frowned at her. "What do you mean?"

Izumi bit her lip. "Let's just say I'm currently working on a project of my own, and leave it at that. Sorry, but with an ANBU here I'd rather not reveal too much."

"Probably a good idea," Tenzo agreed.

"How are you handling all this, Kakashi?" Pakkun asked softly.

"I'm trying to register it, but my mind is blanking," Kakashi admitted. "Just that I could be... Well, it's a hard thought... I've never really thought about having a pup."

Lee gasped. "A pup?"

Guy shushed him.

"You might not be pregnant," Tenzo said softly. "It's going to take some time to find out, right?"

"I suppose, another week or so and I could take a pregnancy test to check..."

"I'll buy you hundreds, Kakashi!" Guy grinned. "And if it turns out you are pregnant then I'll be right by your side the entire time to help you. We're eternal rivals after all!"

Kakashi loosened up, and he actually smiled, the Omega's scent growing pleased. "Thank you, Guy."

Tenzo scoffed, a teasing note to it. "Please, I'll be more helpful. I could build you whatever you need, Kakashi senpai, and Team Ro would happily help you provide everything you need for a newborn pup."

Izumi smiled. Kakashi was growing distracted by the pair's bickering, the Beta and Alpha both insisting that they could do better. A familiar scent caught her nose, and she looked to the left and almost sighed. Shikaku was leaning against the wall, eyeing her from the shadows. Kakashi followed her gaze, blinking at her.

"What does Shikaku want with you?" Kakashi asked quietly.

"Don't worry about it." Izumi smiled. "You just focus on you and your little team, yeah? Sasuke won't admit it, but he's missed you training him. I'm apparently too crazy."

Kakashi snorted. "He complains about me being too lazy."

Izumi winked. "Both are the best way to be when dealing with Guy's training."

When Guy first began training her it had been overwhelming. He was way too enthusiastic, and well, Izumi had been surrounded by angry, paranoid and possibly depressed Uchihas all her life. She wasn't used to people like Guy, especially not having just lost her entire clan to her own mate. Izumi had been ready to give up, to go curl up in a corner and hug Sasuke to feel slightly less lonely when she saw Kakashi.

Kakashi was an honorary Uchiha, at least that's what Mikoto had always said. All because he was Obito Uchiha's mate. Mikoto usually said it so dryly, rolling her eyes and teasing about the 'honorary' part, because Uchihas didn't like to marry outside the clan and weaken their bloodline. Thus, 'outsiders' were made honorary Uchihas, to keep the regular Uchihas from freaking out.

The image of Uchihas freaking out was always an entertaining thought.

When she saw Kakashi, a member of their family, interacting with Guy, it eased something within her. Izumi had been nervous, and still overwhelmed, but she kept up her training with Guy. It had taken a while, but she ended up approaching Guy with Kakashi's easygoingness, and sheer crazy.