No Teamwork Doesn't make the Dreamwork

Nine weeks pregnant and today marked the worst day of Kakashi's little gremlin's teamwork. Naruto tore out weeds, along with plants, and got pummelled by an angry lady until Kakashi calmed her down, then Naruto almost drowned and fell off a waterfall, then exploded after being walked by a giant dog into a mine field.

Thankfully the dog was perfectly fine.

Naruto kept trying to show off to Sasuke, trying to prove himself, but Sasuke was having none of it. Sakura kept scolding Naruto, and did nothing but flirt with Sasuke, and Sasuke just kept being grouchy and snobbish.

"That's right!" Naruto yelled. "Our teamwork is all messed up because of you, Sasuke. You think you're better than everyone else-"

"Not everyone," Sasuke admitted, and huh, there we go, some improvement. "Just you."

Dammit, Sasuke. Kakashi almost had some faith. Almost.

Just a tiny little spot of faith.

It would have been wonderful.

"Face it. I'm better and stronger than you. It's a fact." Sasuke finally turned back and glared daggers at Naruto. "Unless you have what it takes to beat me."

Naruto growled lowly.

Sakura shied away anxiously.

Kakashi smiled sweetly and raised his book. His precious, lovely book, that could never do any wrong-

And whacked them both across the head with it.

"Ow!" Naruto cried.

Sasuke grunted, wincing as he clutched his head, just as Naruto did with his own. "What the hell, Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto complained.

"Get over yourselves. You're all genin," Kakashi scolded. "None of you are all that strong. I'm nine weeks pregnant, need to constantly pee and vomit, and I could still kick all your asses in less than a minute."

Naruto whined. "But, Kakashi Sensei-"

"You're all as bad as each other," Kakashi continued. "Now go sit in a corner and think about what you did."

"Really?" Sakura grimaced.

"Yes. Go." Kakashi pointed to the fence. "And if you don't come back to me with some good reflection on your actions I'll have my dogs walk you again. Guy won't always be around to distract them."

The three twitched and instantly sat down before the fence, sulking. The kids shuffled and fussed a little, but he made sure to whack all three of them over the heads with his book before he returned to it.

.::.

"This is your fault, Sasuke..." Naruto grumbled.

Sasuke scowled. "You're the one who has been causing trouble ever since Izumi invited you to live with us."

"I don't need your pity."

"Wait." Sakura startled. "What? He's living with you?"

She must have been too loud because Kakashi Sensei smacked her with his book, then happily returned to it. Sakura whined, clutching her head.

Sasuke sneered. "It wasn't fucking pity-"

"Of course it was. Why else would you want me to live with you?"

"Izumi was the one who invited you," Sasuke sneered. "Not me."

Izumi had said something about pissing ANBU and the Hokage off, quite cheerfully too, and said Naruto had been alone way too long in that apartment he lived in. Sasuke honestly couldn't care less. There was plenty of space for Naruto in their home, but at the same time he knew Naruto would be an annoying pest.