Never Alone

Kakashi grimaced when Anko gasped, even standing up so quickly that her chair tipped over. The clatter echoed across the bar, which was thankfully pretty quiet that night. Still, it was a little over dramatic. Asuma stared at him, wide eyed, while Kurenai flushed. Izumi blinked at him, then at her rum, before shrugging. Guy sat up straight in his chair, eyes watching closely.

He smelled a little protective at the moment, which was going to get annoying fast. Kakashi didn't need Guy to become a grouchy, overbearing Alpha.

"You, the biggest loner I've ever met, have been bonded and are now pregnant?" Anko breathed out. "Only you could get yourself into such a mess, Kakashi."

Kakashi winced.

"He did say he was kidnapped, Anko," Asuma scolded. "I'd be a bit more concerned."

"You look well despite the kidnapping," Kurenai said softly. "How are you holding up?"

"He never hurt me," Kakashi admitted. "It was actually a good time, but I wasn't supposed to bond to anyone, and especially not end up carrying a pup."

"He didn't force you?" Anko startled.

"He seemed like he intended to leave the room before my heat started, but my Omega triggered his rut before he could get away," Kakashi explained, scowling. "So we ended up in bed together. For days. And whenever I tried to ask him questions once I regained coherency he'd distract me with sex."

"But you take the contraception pill-" Kurenai began, startled.

"It's evil, Kurenai!" Guy cried. "Truly evil-"

Izumi cut in swiftly. "And we're on a gag order not to talk about it."

"A gag order?" Anko blinked. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Kakashi sighed. "It will stir up a lot of trouble if we go blabbing our mouths."

"But it's horrible!" Guy bristled.

Asuma grumbled. "The old man put all of you on a gag order?"

"Yeah, we can't tell anyone." Izumi shrugged. "These things happen I suppose."

"Lousy Alphas..." Pakkun's eyes snapped to Asuma who went pale, and Guy who grinned.

"Are we about to have another training session?" Guy gasped, turning to Anko who winced. "Anko, you're an Alpha too! You should join in!"

"I've been disguising my scent from Kakashi's dogs for years!" Anko hissed. "Why did you tell him that?"

Pakkun grinned viciously. "The girly is too? Oh yes, she should join in-"

"Down boy," Kakashi sighed, tugging Pakkun's collar. "Sorry, he's been jealous ever since."

Asuma grimaced. "I can imagine. Your pack tries to eat Alphas most days of the week, at least the ones closest to you. I can't imagine what they tried to do to your bonded."

"Bastard got away..." Pakkun growled. "But next time..."

Kakashi laughed sheepishly.

"So he really didn't hurt you?" Asuma insisted, watching him closely.

"No," Kakashi said. "I don't remember much admittedly during my heat, but my Omega has been very happy ever since the first night. And what I do remember after my heat was amazing, and distracting... The ass..."

His Omega felt like they had just reunited with an old friend. It felt warm and soft and Kakashi couldn't help but bask in the feeling. He couldn't even recall the last time he had felt this good. But at the same time he was terrified because the baby.