Lost and Found

Obito teleported back into the room he and Kakashi had been sharing for the past week. His mate was sitting by the window, sipping tea, but his attention was now on Obito. Kakashi was healing well, his injures were almost all gone, it was just his chakra levels that needed to finish recovering now.

Sadly he couldn't keep Kakashi here for much longer. Kakashi's Omega was back under control, and pleasuring him into an oblivious mess whenever he began to ask questions was getting more difficult. Obito could still do it, he was Kakashi's mate, but it took more time and effort. Effort Obito needed to use elsewhere.

He had managed brief visits to Akatsuki and to the Mizukage, but he needed to get back into action soon.

It wasn't only that, Kakashi's pack were looking for him. The hounds had split across the Land of Fire, scouting out for signs of him. Sure, they were in the Land of Water, but Kakashi's hounds weren't slackers.

They were protective and relentless, no matter how many years had gone by. They would look everywhere for Kakashi, even if it was just for a body, or to avenge his death. But the contract between Kakashi and his hounds would be intact, considering Kakashi was alive and well. Pakkun would know that.

"You're being tracked," Obito said.

Kakashi startled. "Kumo?"

"No, your hounds." Obito smiled. "They're very loyal."

"Yeah. We're a pack," Kakashi said fondly, softening.

Obito could feel Kakashi's joy, a little hesitant with concern, but he was relieved too. Ah, Kakashi wasn't entirely confident they'd come after him, or would be allowed to. No one from Konoha had officially tried to track him down after all.

Unofficially however, Guy and his genin team, the wood user from ANBU (Kinoe who was renamed Tenzo), and Izumi Uchiha were with Pakkun, trying to find Kakashi.

It definitely wasn't a sanctioned mission. There was no way the Third Hokage was senile enough to let a genin team come after Kakashi. So that meant the Hokage hadn't been planning to send anyone at all then? Typical.

"You will be relieved to know that I will be bringing you to Pakkun then."

Kakashi frowned. "How do you know Pakkun's name?"

"I have my ways." Obito smirked. "I also know Might Guy followed him, bringing along his genin team, your ANBU companion, Tenzo, was it? And Izumi Uchiha-"

"What?" Kakashi gasped. "Why the hell-"

"Would they be so reckless?" Obito mused. "They must really like having you around."

Kakashi glowered. "What are you planning?"

"A trade. You, Kakashi Hatake the Copy Ninja, for something else highly valuable," Obito said, eyeing Kakashi. "Although, I feel like I might be getting the raw end of the deal. I've been enjoying your company."

Kakashi snorted. "I noticed."

Obito softened, reaching out to brush Kakashi's cheek. "This has been the best week I've had in a long time, Kakashi. Thank you, and I'm sorry that everything turned out so chaotic. It wasn't my intention to bond to you, or have sex with you, no matter how lovely you are."

"I'm not that..." Kakashi trailed off, he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed. "Um, thank you?"

"You need to learn to accept compliments better," Obito sighed. "But I suppose that will be for another time. For now, I need you to sleep."

Kakashi flinched back, but froze when Obito activated his Sharingan. He sent Kakashi off into a deep sleep, dreaming away peacefully under his genjutsu. He made sure to make Kakashi forget all about the Sharingan Obito used on him, before scooping him out the chair and carrying him back to bed.