13. Concerned

Lisa woke up feeling like throwing up. She hurriedly stood up from the bed, she didn't notice when her dress got stuck in the side table making the Vase on the table fall. She rushes into the wash chamber ignoring the loud noise of the vase crashing on the floor.

Jake who is sleeping soundly on the chaise woke up startled after hearing the loud noise. He got the dagger hidden under his pillow. He looked around the room and didn't see anything suspicious. Only broken pieces of vase spread near the bed. He cautiously walked toward the bed to confirm if Lisa was okay. His heart dropped when he didn't see Lisa in the bed "Lisa!!!" he yelled. But before he did anything, he saw a weak figure coming out of the wash chamber.

He sighed in relief but when he saw her pale face he panicked. He runs toward her and quickly holds her in his arms before she falls. "Are you okay, do I call a physician?" He rubs her pale cheeks with his thumb lovingly.

Lisa's heart fluttered when she saw him panicking. She is too weak to argue with him so she just lets it go and pushes him away lightly. "I am okay. This is due to morning sickness. It is common in pregnancy. So, You don't have to worry about me". She broke free from his arms and walked toward the bed.

But before she walks away he picks her in his arms in bridle style and walks toward the bed. "Leave me" she coldly spoke but he didn't budge. "There are broken pieces of the vase on the floor". "What?" he made her lay on the bed and then adjusted the pillow. "A Vase broke so stay here until the maid cleans the floor".

Her heart fluttered again and her pale cheeks turned bright red. 'He is such a good actor, does he think his sweet words can make my heart flutter' Lisa thought.

She was cursing at him when Jake touched her forehead "Are you sure you are okay? Why is your face so red?" wa....what..are you talking about?... I am fine you go away?".

This jerk is now trying to tease her. Jake sighed and was about to call Finral when a middle-aged maid entered the room without even knocking. Jake glared at her but she started apologizing "Yah, what are you doing don't scold her, she is an elder". 'I know I am not that important to her but why do I feel like this maid has more value in her life than me?' Jake thought and fiercely glared at the old maid.

The middle-aged maid smiled at Lisa "Your grace, you don't have to speak for this lowly maid" Lisa felt pity for the maid so she glared at Jake who was still glaring at the maid.

The maid approached Lisa with a glass of milk. She looked at her and said, "Your grace, this is for you I know you have a bad stomach so I thought to bring you herbal milk". Jake looked at the maid then Lisa "How did you know she has a bad stomach?" she gulped "Your Highness, don't misunderstand Princess Jane sent me and told me to give, your grace, this milk". Lisa glared at Jake 'Can't you shut up* Jake glared back 'No I can't'

Lisa ignores his resistance and is about to take the glass from the maid's hand when Jake says "Put that on the nightstand and you don't need to serve my wife". Lisa looked at him dumbfounded and about to argue back when the maid kneeled "As you wish, your grace".

The maid sighed inwardly that she was safe now but before she stood up to leave Jake yelled "Finral" "Finral who just came back to serve Prince Jake in the morning but due to workload he didn't sleep properly, he was a little tired. So, he sits down for a while in a chair near Jake's chamber. He didn't know when he fell asleep. He woke up startled and ran into the chamber.

"Take this maid and cut her hands" Finral looked at Jake then the maid then Lisa. He sighed and then dragged the crying maid out of the chamber.

"What are you trying to do?" Lisa who was staring silently at the door finally spoke coldly. He signed and walked toward Lisa who was sitting against the bed headboard. He came close to her face and then replied, "Nothing, just trying to protect my dumb wife".