12.Hurt

"Your Royal Highness, Your Majesty wants you to eat breakfast with him at the dining hall," a maid said while bowing her head. Julia signaled to the maid to stop who was helping her to wash her hair. "Go and get my clothes ready". The maid nodded and got out of the wash chamber.

Another maid got a towel to help her cover herself when her wash chamber door burst open. Her eyes got widened. She was about to scold the person but sighed and calmly covered herself. "Sis, do you know why Father calls us?" Jane exclaimed with wide eyes.

"How did I know? It may be because of Jake's wedding. Because it's Lisa's first day after marriage " Julia said and walked toward her ward board following Jane.

"I didn't know the future queen was this dumb" Jane scoffed at her. Julia's hand reached to take the dress from the maid's hand pause and she turned to glared at her. "What isn't it true?" Jane shrugged her shoulder. Julia took her clothes from the maid and spoke coldly "If you are here for this stupid thing, then you can leave".

Jane and the maids froze from her cold tone. The maids were stunned because they always saw her soft and humble side. She has a straight face and doesn't smile often so that's why, when some unknown person sees her cold face for the first time their first comment would be 'She is a cold beauty', but the people who know her best, like her siblings and some close friends, know how soft-hearted she is, but she doesn't like it when someone tries to invade her personal space.

Jane sighed she knew she had crossed the line. She just stabbed the place where it hurt the most. Jane looked at the stunned maid and signaled them to leave. When all the maids disappear she turns toward Julia who is ignoring her presence.

Jane is known for her beauty and brain. She had such a rare beauty that could make any man drool over her. She is the most loved princess in the whole kingdom. She is loved by her father, and her brothers Julius and Jake.

Jake, loves his sister more than anyone else and he is very protective of her but Jane is a little stubborn when it comes to Jake. She was also favored by her eldest sister. Julia is very protective of Jane and loves her the most, like right now she speaks coldly, but soon she sighs.

Jane rolled her eyes at her then said seriously "I know I crossed the line and I have no right to speak to you like that, but do you think I am stupid? I know what happened last night!"

Julia's eyes widened "How did you?" "I am telling you sis in the past you can reject the engagement if you want to, but now there is no way! I told you back then to back away and reject it but you didn't listen to me" Jane said sadly. "Do you think I have a choice? I am a princess with royal blood. Do you think if I decline then they will back down? No Jane, they will find you instead of me. So please, I don't need your pity".

"Sis..." Jane looked at her guiltily but Julia stopped her at mid-sentence with a hand signal. "If you are guilty and think that I gave in because of you, then don't be guilty because I know him better than you. I remember I talked with him to reject me but he said the day he decided to mark me as his fiance or woman. Even if I decline, I don't have a choice. He will force me to marry him. Like last night...so he will only marry me no one other than me" Julia's voice turned into a whisper at the end.

Jane looked at her sister sadly. She doesn't know how to comfort her. She knows she is right. She only sighed and caressed her back. "Get change sis, I am waiting outside" Julia didn't respond. Jane just pursed her lips and left her wash chamber.

~ ♛ ~

Jake came back from the wash chamber and saw Lisa standing in front of the mirror. She was struggling to put on the pendant.

He walked toward her and stood beside her. "Why did you stop maids from attending you?" She looked at him through the mirror while struggling with the pendant."I don't like strangers in my bath" She rolls her eyes like it is an obvious thing.