I will die!!!

I'm about to die!!!

The storm-like pounding on the door suddenly ceased. Heavy footsteps resumed in the corridor, but gradually faded away, sounding like they were heading to other dorms.

Did they leave?

Tang Ning slumped, completely drained. After narrowly escaping, his mind went blank.

"Thud, thump."

The silent room suddenly echoed with the sound of a water bottle rolling on the floor, clattering. The bottle kept rolling, reaching the corner of his bed, and then abruptly stopped.

In the dead quiet night where even the fall of a pin could be heard, this sudden sound of the water bottle was like a deafening roar.

Tang Ning blankly opened his eyes, seeing Song Lin Su on the opposite bed smiling brightly at him.

The glaring beam penetrated through the small window in the room door, casting on Tang Ning's blank face. Dark traces adorned the beautiful, moist black eyes, giving a slightly sickly beauty.

The reddened lips slightly parted.

The long neck was so white it dazzled, like a dying swan.

"Hehe, I heard the sound," that voice chuckled, and outside the door, the sound of keys jingling was heard, "I knew you weren't asleep! I'm coming in now!"

The key entered the lock.

It seemed to also pierce into Tang Ning's heart, crushing the last trace of hope.

Tang Ning lay motionless on the bed, hearing the simultaneous footsteps, one hurried, the other steady.

Were there two sets of footsteps? Or was one set stepping on the rhythm of his heartbeat?

Was he going to die?

"Why is it you?" that sharp voice exclaimed in surprise.

Then Tang Ning heard Qi Yun's cold and charming voice, "I got up to use the restroom."

"Oh." The voice was filled with disappointment.

The persistent beam continued to scatter in the room, seemingly wanting to discover something.

"Too bright," Qi Yun coldly said, "I'm going to sleep."

Reluctantly, the beam extinguished.

Creak.

The door closed again, and the footsteps continued to roam in the corridor.

Tang Ning lay on the bed, completely exhausted. He didn't even have the strength to open his eyes. Despite his body being drained to the extreme, his brain was unusually alert due to fear.

He heard the sound of flushing from the bathroom.

Then came Qi Yun's footsteps as he walked out of the bathroom.

Qi Yun.

Is Qi Yun about to return to bed?

No, no.

That presence outside is still wandering in the corridor. What if Song Lin Su makes another sound and attracts that monster? What should he do?!

Tang Ning's mind is filled with these terrifying speculations, to the point that when Qi Yun turns to leave, Tang Ning's exhausted body suddenly erupts with the last bit of strength! He tightly grabs Qi Yun's clothes!

He clings so tightly, afraid that Qi Yun will shake him off in the next second.

In the darkness, Tang Ning can't see Qi Yun's face clearly, but he can be sure that Qi Yun has turned back, gazing at that face hidden by rich blackness. Tang Ning's lips tremble slightly.

I am a Flower Vase in an Infinite World / I Am a Useless flower in an infinite On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara