Chapter 102

Tang Ning forcefully sniffed, becoming uncertain again due to a stronger exotic fragrance emanating from him. Raising his wrist, he smelled the inside of it, his shoulders, finding this peculiar scent everywhere.

"What's wrong?" Lin Yun asked.

Tang Ning was about to speak but instead took to typing: "Do you smell any fragrance on me?"

Lin Yun leaned in to look, his gaze pausing, staring at Tang Ning who was looking up, waiting for his answer, and nodded.

Tang Ning quickly typed asking, "What kind of scent is it? Is it that damp, exotic fragrance, cold and deep, with a lingering scent as if rampant algae were entwining around the limbs, refusing to dissipate easily?"

"It's slightly sweet, very faint," Lin Yun said softly.

Tang Ning: "?"

Tang Ning felt that what he and Lin Yun were talking about wasn't the same thing. Could it be that only he could smell this exotic fragrance?

Tang Ning shared the scent he detected with Lin Yun, who frowned, "Pay more attention to the scent on Shao Mingyi later."

After a brief exchange, although it was still unclear to him whether Zhang Yun or Shao Mingyi was the witch or the prince, one thing was certain: Zhang Yun was crucial.

Before Zhang Yun left, the ferryman and the old lady didn't exhibit any unusual behavior. It was only after his departure that these two NPCs started to act, so Tang Ning and Lin Yun decided to find Zhang Yun first.

"Thanks for coming over this time. I'm planning to look for Zhang Yun, what about you?" Lin Yun asked.

"What's there to thank for, you've handled it all by yourself," Jiang Mianmian replied indifferently, "I'll go too."

The trio waited at the entrance for a while, and just as Tang Ning was getting impatient, a figure, immaculately dressed, finally appeared. Shao Mingyi was wearing a vintage light gray suit, his hair slicked back with wax, with a few disobedient curls falling over his forehead, and the water droplets on his glasses wiped clean. He nodded slightly, "Sorry to keep you waiting."

Tang Ning felt a brightness before his eyes, and the irritation of waiting seemed to subside somewhat because the carefully dressed Shao Mingyi was indeed very handsome.

Stepping forward with his shiny leather shoes, Shao Mingyi approached Tang Ning, eager to display his masculine charm from every possible angle like a peacock in courtship.

He even extravagantly sprayed on cologne, the strong scent of it masking all others.

Tang Ning covered his nose, feeling a sneeze coming on but managed to suppress the itch. With his nose now numbed by the overpowering fragrance, Tang Ning couldn't detect that unique exotic scent on Shao Mingyi anymore.

"Where should I go for a stroll now?" Shao Mingyi asked deeply, "I've heard there's a wishing well in town, shall we check it out?"

Unlike players struggling to survive in the instance, Shao Mingyi was completely in the mood of a tourist NPC.

Lin Yun answered for Tang Ning, "I need to find someone now, maybe visit the wishing well later."

"Then I'll help you look for people too," Shao Mingyi offered, looking at Tang Ning as if they were old friends.

Tang Ning nodded, and they set off towards the mayor's house. Jiang Mianmian and Zhang Yun had gone to see the mayor early in the morning for some unknown reason.

The mayor's house looked no different from the other ancient houses in the town, with its black tiles and white walls. Outside, a crowd was noisy with cries, curses, and discussions. Some were carrying a plank covered with a white cloth, from under which the tips of a pair of blue feet peeked out.