Chapter 57

"Ah-ah-ah!" A piercing scream echoed from outside the door.

Tang Ning vaguely felt the sound was somewhat familiar, but he had no energy to figure out who it was. All his attention was on the sudden sit-up of Ji Lianyan.

In the dim light, initially, he hadn't realized what had spilled from the corner of Ji Lianyan's lips.

His mind was fixated on the person who had buried their entire face just moments ago.

As Tang Ning reached this point, he began to tremble again. In such a fragile state, even though the person's movements were unusually gentle, under that extreme gentleness, the sense of devouring was infinitely magnified.

He struggled desperately, but his resistance was minimal to this person. Even though he had kicked Ji Lianyan in the chest, the other continued unabated.

Drip.

Blood splattered on Tang Ning, and the rich scent of blood permeated the air. Still immersed in the aftermath of fear, Tang Ning incredulously reached out to touch the sticky crimson.

What had happened?

Tang Ning widened his eyes abruptly. In the flickering candlelight, he saw Ji Lianyan suddenly turn to look outside the door, blood dripping from the corner of his lips.

Perhaps it was an illusion, but Tang Ning even saw a rich red in Ji Lianyan's eyes!

Like an endless sea of red dust, a boundless sea of bitterness, with grievances surging to the heavens.

Tang Ning continued to watch, and suddenly, Ji Lianyan closed his eyes, his face pale as he fell, looking as if his life had come to an end.

Tang Ning was about to cry.

At the moment when Ji Lianyan fainted, he felt like the sky was collapsing.

Fearful for Ji Lianyan, Tang Ning struggled to get up. He had no strength now, as if he had just recovered from a serious illness. Even a simple movement made Tang Ning's vision go dark.

He tentatively placed his fingers on Ji Lianyan's nose, feeling the faint breath. Only then did Tang Ning barely calm down.

Looking around while holding Ji Lianyan, Tang Ning suddenly sensed something amiss. Then he realized that the room, previously arranged as a bridal chamber, had suddenly become empty.

Red carpets, red bedding, red curtains, red candles—all these things were gone. It made Tang Ning shiver to discover —

He wasn't lying on the wedding bed anymore; it was a red coffin!

Tang Ning, shocked, held Ji Lianyan tightly.

He would rather face Ji Lianyan always dragging him onto the bed than see such a bizarre scene.

What's going on?!

Why did Ji Lianyan suddenly spit blood and faint? Was it because Tang Ning kicked him just now?

Panicking, Tang Ning cradled Ji Lianyan's face, his bloodied fingers leaving a trail of red marks on this sickly visage. Ji Lianyan's lips turned blue, his face devoid of color, in a condition several times worse than when Tang Ning first saw him. In comparison, Ji Lianyan just now seemed like a dying ember.

What to do? What to do!

Tang Ning was in a panic.

Oh, right, he still had the SuckJoy card!

Initially, Tang Ning had planned to use one treatment opportunity every day, but now Ji Lianyan clearly needed it more. Hurriedly, Tang Ning fed his fingers into Ji Lianyan's mouth. As the SuckJoy card took effect, Tang Ning felt not only his remaining strength slipping away like sand through his fingers but also his body temperature gradually dropping. It became so cold that Tang Ning's fingers began to tremble.