Chapter 99

Tang Ning, accompanied by Zhang Yun, returned to his room, where Lin Yun was waiting for him. Seeing both Zhang Yun and Lin Yun there, Tang Ning's panic finally subsided. He shared the strange experience he had encountered while bathing with Lin Yun.

"You're saying there were feet behind the curtain, and you felt like something was watching you from the small window?" Lin Yun asked seriously.

Tang Ning nodded emphatically.

Zhang Yun, upon hearing Tang Ning's story, looked troubled. His thoughts diverged from the players'; after holding back for so long, he clenched his fists and vowed, "I will find the peeper!"

Noticing Tang Ning's gaze, the briefly emboldened Zhang Yun's voice softened with guilt, "I'm sorry. If I hadn't left..."

The village's youth didn't believe in ghosts or spirits. Their first thought upon encountering such incidents was voyeurism. Could it be that Zhang Yun's constitution repelled ghosts, making them hide when they saw him?

"It's not your fault," Tang Ning comforted Zhang Yun briefly before the three of them proceeded to the bathing room. By the time they arrived, the wet footprints on the floor had mostly faded. Lin Yun estimated the size of the footprints and examined the surroundings before entering the area behind the curtain, where Tang Ning had initially stood.

"Tang Ning, stand next to where the footprints were without stepping on them. Yes, then take small steps outwards, and stop when I tell you to," Lin Yun instructed from behind the curtain.

Following Lin Yun's directions, Tang Ning moved towards the door. When Lin Yun called for him to stop, he lifted the curtain to look at Tang Ning, then raised his head to look above him, taking his time to observe.

Tang Ning paused, slowly looking up to see a damp imprint on the ceiling!

It appeared to be an adult-sized shape, with limbs, torso, and head all marked. But how could a normal adult cling to the ceiling like a gecko?!

What was this thing?!

During his bath, Tang Ning had been watching the feet through the curtain. When they vanished from his field of view, he assumed the creature had left.

Realizing he had been looking for footprints at the door while the creature's real owner had been silently watching him from the ceiling, Tang Ning felt a chill run down his spine.

Zhang Yun's eyes widened in disbelief at the scene.

Lin Yun crouched down, careful not to touch the footprints to avoid triggering any malevolent spirits. He merely leaned in to sniff, "The smell of river water."

Tang Ning crouched nearby, lowering his head and trying to sniff, but he couldn't smell anything, at most just the scent of his shower gel.

Standing up, Lin Yun surveyed the room, turned on a flashlight, and circled around, looking at the small window from the outside. Under the harsh white light, another damp imprint was revealed, but this one seemed to be the size of a child.

Shining the flashlight downward, no traces of ladders or adult footprints were found. The window was high, almost two meters off the ground, impossible for a real child to climb without assistance.

The answer was clear.

"What you felt during your bath wasn't an illusion; something was indeed perched here watching you," Lin Yun said softly.

Tang Ning was speechless, unable to fathom that he had just bathed surrounded by two monsters. No wonder he had felt so uneasy.

But why were there two monsters, one large and one small?