Chapter 79

Spending the full moon with the Hale pack ended up going surprisingly well. Stiles had been worried how Damon would react to being surrounded by werewolves. He knew that Damon was aware of their bites not being able to kill him, but people forget things in the heat of the moment. He was worried that Damon might end up attacking the wolves and getting himself attacked as a result.

Luckily nothing of the sort happened. Instead, Damon, Jeremy and Stiles had fun running through the woods with the wolves. Damon, every now and again getting tackled by the fully shifted members of the pack. And wasn't that a surprise. Stiles knew that Laura and Malia could full shift but learning that since last summer Derek, Peter and Cora had learnt how to do so themselves was a massive surprise.

It didn't help that he only learnt about it as the three of them suddenly started getting undressed right out in the open. It made both himself and Jeremy blush, Damon rolled his eyes at the dramatics and Jenna...Jenna did not remove her eyes from Peter the whole time. It made the older werewolf preen, not that he would admit to it.

So, they ran through the woods until the humans got tired and then they left the wolves to continue their fun run. Damon decided to stay with the wolves which surprised Stiles, but all he did was wish Damon fun and then leave back towards the Hale house.

The had set up a fire outside of the house, far from the house itself and far from the woods. They also made sure to have several fire extinguishers in close vicinity to the fire. The Hale's were in no way risking another fire, they had apparently even had an off duty firefighter come round the first time they were planning the set up just to make perfectly sure that nothing would go wrong.

When Jeremy and Stiles made it back to the campfire, they found they rest of the humans surrounding the fire and talking with Jenna about what it means to date a werewolf. To say that Stiles and Jeremy were resigned that Peter would soon becoming their uncle would be an understatement.

The conversation quickly ended when Jenna realised that they were back and instead the group started talking with Stiles about his magic. They were all really intrigued by what exactly a spark could do. Especially Lydia, as a banshee, she's a conduit for magic but is unable to actually perform any spells herself.

Stiles started by explaining what a spark really is and what he learnt from the books he had read the summer previous. And whilst Lydia found that interesting everyone else looked a little bored so Stiles decided that maybe a little light show would be good idea. So, he stood and moved so he was in front of the whole group, meanwhile the wolves and Damon had come back from their run.

Stiles had closed his eyes and lifted his hands and imagined fireworks, when he opened his eyes again, mini fireworks were shooting up from his hands. That got him some gasps but Damon, the asshole, looked unimpressed and told him that if he was going to show off, he should do it properly.

So, Stiles got rid of the fireworks and instead started making an illusion, one far more detailed than he's ever made before, with many moving parts. He made a snowy scene with penguins moving about through the group and bumping up against people. Then he turned the scene to the jungle with monkeys hanging from trees and swinging over them. Finally, he made an underwater scene, and everyone watched in awe as jellyfish glided slowly past.

When he finished, Stiles stood in front of the group felling unbelievably proud of himself. The Hale pack wanted Stiles to show them different scenes again and Lydia asked if he created the scenes themselves or if he was recreating something he's seen before. Meanwhile, Damon looked smug. It wasn't until Jeremy asked if that's how Stiles made Carol appear dead that Stiles remembered that particular illusion and that Tyler still believed his mother dead.