Chapter 60

Stiles is in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Why is he making hot chocolate in the hot Virginian weather? Well, that's simple. His life is a mess, and he really needs the comfort right now.

"Are you okay?" Damon asks and isn't that a shock, somehow, someway Damon is alive. All of Klaus' supposed sirelings are alive except Tyler apparently. Though, Stiles hasn't seen Tyler's body so he can't actually say for certain that Tyler is dead.

"I'm fine." Stiles says in a tone of voice that clearly speaks to just how un-fine he is.

"You're making hot chocolate." Damon points out.

"And the girl you love is currently in transition upstairs after she chose your brother over you." Stiles retorts.

"I guess were both going through some heartache then." Damon jokes weakly.

"Nope no heartache over here." Stiles denies as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate and promptly burns his tongue.

"Stiles, it's me. Please don't lie to me." Damon pleads.

Stiles slams his mug down and turns to look at Damon. He wants to yell at him, he wants to scream and shout about how unfair it is that Alaric is dead, Jenna is crying upstairs in her room, Klaus is dead and somehow...somehow Elena is fine. But he doesn't because the moment he sees that look on Damon's face all of Stiles' anger goes out of him.

"It's not fair." Stiles says trying to keep from sobbing.

"I know." Damon nods and walks over. He brings Stiles into a hug and holds onto him for dear life. "I know."

"I'm happy that your alive." Stiles says trying to make himself feel something other than deep seated sadness. Elijah's gone; he left without saying anything. How does Stiles know this? Because he fell asleep after crying his little heart out and when he woke up there was a note and a necklace filled with blood.

The note said, 'for if you ever change your mind.'

Stiles wanted to do a lot of things when he read that note but all he did was place the necklace around his neck and head downstairs to learn about Elena's transition.

"I will never leave you." Damon promises.

"Sap." Stiles teases making Damon laugh.

They go quiet before Damon speaks up again.

"She's awake now you know." Damon states.

"She hates me already Damon, I'm not going to deal with her when she's got heightened emotions to add to it." Stiles sighs.

"Stefan's got Bonnie trying to find a way to turn her human again." Damon informs.

Stiles pulls out of the hug at that.

"It's not going to work." Stiles exclaims already knowing in his heart that there is no work around for vampirism. He believes it without even thinking about it making him know that it's his magic, his spark that's directing him.

"You don't know that." Stefan's voice suddenly says casing the two of them to look over and find him standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, I do." Stiles states.

"You know what, you weren't there the day Elena looked me in the eye and told me she absolutely never wanted this." Stefan grinds out.

"Then you shouldn't have let her die." Damon says.

"I never meant for her to die. She asked me to save Matt first and I did." Stefan defends.

"You're a vampire Stefan, you couldn't have saved them both?" Stiles inquires.