Chapter 4

After last night's googling Stiles decided to go to sleep and think about whether he truly believed Stefan and Damon to be vampires in the morning. And what he decided was that he needed proof. He couldn't just decide that someone was a murderous vampire without proof. So, he ordered vervain. He could Jenna that he was getting into planting flowers, she'd find it weird, but she'd believe him.

And then he headed downstairs, meeting Elena as she walks down.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket." Jenna is muttering to herself on the sofa.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asks as they enter the room.

"Him." Jenna answers as she points at the tv.

"The news guy?" Elena inquires.

"Also known as Logan 'scum' Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna queries.

"Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena jokes.

"Ew, Jenna can do better." Stiles says shivering is disgust.

"Thank you, Stiles. There is nothing cute about him. What are you doing with that?" Jenna asks as she sees Elena pull out an antique box from under the stairs.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe dopiest box. Mom had told Mrs Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena informs.

"Did you know that I actually got an invite to that? Like a personal invite not just a Gilbert family and co. card." Stiles says.

"Maybe Carol is finally seeing you as a Gilbert. Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna inquires as she picks up a ring.

"Originally it was great-great grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena informs.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You, like on eBay?" Jeremy asks as he enters the kitchen and picks up a pocket watch.

"you're not going to find out." Elena answers as she takes away the pocket watch.

"He wasn't going to take anything Elena." Stiles sighs as he looks at the hurt expression on Jeremy's face.

"That stuff is mom and dads. you can't just give it away." Jeremy says getting defensive.

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena huffs out when the doorbell rings causing her to walk away from the stuff.

Stiles looks as Jeremy picks up the pocket watch again. He remembers being told about the pocket watch and how it always goes to the oldest male Gilbert in the family which despite Stiles' adoption is Jeremy. which is why Stiles ignores it as Jeremy pockets the watch.

#####

The doorbell rings causing Stiles to groan as he moves to sit up and head over to the door.

"Stay where you are. I'll get it." Jeremy tells Stiles who slumps back into the sofa.

Stiles watches Jeremy open the door only to try and slam it closed again.

"I'm here for my mom. I was supposed to pick up a boy of stuff." And that explains Jeremy's reaction.

"Hey Tyler." Stiles greets, still not bothering to get up.

"Sup." Tyler nods his head at Stiles.

"The box is right here. Please be careful with it." Elena says as she walks over to the door with the box of antiques in her hand.

"Yeah, be careful with it, dick." Jeremy tacks on making Stiles have to hide his giggles.

"Hey! Not now, okay guys? Please?" Elena questions.