Chapter 50

On account of Stiles spending the day with Jeremy and talking with him about his recent ghostly love affair whilst still being with Bonnie, Stiles missed a lot. Like for instance, Damon freeing Stefan from the Forbes jail cell and taking him drinking only to met Mikael. Or Elena getting Rebekah to tell her about their family only to turn around and turn everything Rebekah thought she knew on its head as she revealed that it was Klaus that killed their mother and not their father.

Now, Rebekah is working with the group to help Mikael kill Klaus, so Stiles is officially working against two original vampires and everyone that he loves. Part of him wishes that Lila had never shown up, then maybe he wouldn't be considering this. He wouldn't be considering saving Klaus. Who is he kidding he's not just considering it anymore, he's doing it.

He just isn't completely sure how yet...okay that's another lie, he knows exactly how he's going to save Klaus. He just has no idea how on earth he's going to manage it without tipping off everyone currently in the room with him.

"Aye let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan suggests.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asks.

"No, we Vervained him! This guy is an original. To make it realistic." Damon reminds.

"Okay fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan continues.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena adds.

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finishes.

"Small problem with that...you're both vampires and will die if you had daggered him. So it needs to be Elena who stabbed him." Stiles points out.

"Why not you?" Damon asks.

"Because as far as Klaus is concerned, I was never here. If we are planning on calling him today and saying this was all done yesterday that he will know that I wasn't here. He called me yesterday while I was with Jeremy, he knew my plan was to spend the rest of the day with him. It would be suspicious if I was suddenly in two places at once." Stiles explains.

"You're still talking to him?" Elena asks furious.

"I'm right here helping you kill him. Calm down." Stiles lies. "What happened when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So, the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied." Damon exclaims.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan huffs.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." Elena points out.

"Then I shall be dead." Stiles' head turns and he takes in the man standing in the doorway of the living room.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asks.

"Then that means that the plan is working. Klaus will obviously want to see his body. We lure him back to town and then Mikael here kills him. You can kill him, can't you?" Stiles asks the man innocently.

"I was able to kill the last one of your kind, I'll be able to kill Klaus." Mikael informs making Damon take a protective step closer to Stiles.

Stiles smiles at the man, not letting him see the way his hands shake.

"How will you kill him. Those daggers don't work." Stefan brings the topic back on point.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael states as he pulls out a dagger.