Chapter 69

*Flashback*

When Stiles and Jeremy arrived at their house, they found the front door wide open giving them a glimpse at the destruction that is the inside. They both quickly hop out of the jeep and run to the house. The first thing that Stiles sees when he gets to the doorway is Kol's burnt dead body laying on the floor between the dining room and the kitchen.

"Oh god." Jeremy whispers from besides Stiles. "Elena!"

"They're gone. They left with the help of the witch soon after I arrived and now, I'm trapped in here." Stiles turns to look to his left at the sound of Klaus' voice.

He sounds empty, like if Stiles looks closely enough, he'll be able to see the fractures and hollow emotions splayed over Klaus' skin. Like he'll be able to see the pain, the agony that is losing someone you love. Instead, Stiles sees an emotionless face, like he's completely calm. But Stiles, Stiles knows. He knows that beneath that feigned indifference is a raging storm just waiting to be let loose and allowed to swallow everything whole.

Stiles goes to walk forwards and bring Klaus into a hug but the man steps forwards and places his hand up, stopping Stiles from coming any further.

"Don't. We have no idea if you'll end up stuck in here with me." Klaus points out.

Stiles nods his head before he looks back over at Kol's body. Stiles barely knew the man, but what little Stiles had seen he had liked, not including him beating Damon bloody. The man knew about magic, he knew about centuries of magic, and he could have taught Stiles more than just believe and boom magic.

Jeremy's phone ringing brings Stiles out of his thoughts.

"Hello? Elena?" Jeremy says making Stiles and Klaus focus with deadly precision on his phone. "Yeah? I'm at the house. What did you do? We had a plan. Stiles had a plan!"

Stiles doesn't hear what Elena's response is but by the way Klaus starts growling and his eyes flare yellow, he can pretty much guess.

"No! No way in hell am I going with you to find the cure. You want it? You find it yourself!" Jeremy yells before hanging up.

The house goes quiet after that before Stiles speaks up.

"You should go." Stiles tells his brother.

"What! No." Jeremy denies.

"Yes, yes you should go, and I need you to do me a favour." Stiles says whilst coming forwards to place his hands on Jeremy's shoulder.

"What?" Jeremy asks hesitantly.

"I need you to get to the cure first and when you do I need you to destroy it."

"Done."

#####

*Present*

Stiles has spent the rest of the night since Jeremy left cleaning up the house. He placed a sheet over Kol's body and then went to work. Neither Stiles nor Klaus said anything during this time. Stiles understood why Klaus was being non-verbal, so he let him have his much-needed silence.

By morning Stiles was anything but tired. He was far to wired to feel sleepy. He had just finished cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, having already finished the mess upstairs, and was preparing himself mentally to ask what Klaus wanted him to do with Kol's body when the front door opened.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic." Tyler's mocking voice is the first thing Stiles hears and it makes him kick himself for not locking the door.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets." Klaus taunts back.