Chapter 78

The next day, the moving trucks arrived bright and early in the morning much to everyone's annoyance. Thankfully they didn't have to get the boxes off the truck, the people they were paying did that for them. Unfortunately, they were the ones that had to unpack the boxes, which took them a week.

It wouldn't have taken them too long, maybe four days total. However, a problem with having a moving truck show up with obvious signage about it being a moving truck, means that neighbours know that a new family is moving in. Which meant that for most of the week they kept getting interrupted by neighbours, not just from their own street, coming to the door and introducing themselves while dropping off welcome to the neighbourhood food.

It was fine at first, in fact it was even nice. The family that came to the door were sweet and the children adorable. But over time it just got ridiculous. Especially as every member of the neighbours' families would show up meaning that Jenna would drag all of them to the door with her to return the courtesy. As a result, they kept having to stop unpacking before going back to it, only to have to stop again not too long later.

The only mainly good thing about the situation was that people kept coming with food, meaning that for that week of unpacking they didn't have to go food shopping once. On the downside trying to remember whose tray belonged to who was a nightmare.

And at one point during the week Damon mentioned finding his own place to live whilst staying in town. Stiles understood why Damon would want his own place, but he had a feeling that Damon was just saying it to get out of helping. Jenna called him out on this, and Damon tried to deny it at first before realising that no one was believing him. Then Damon reminded them all of his actual age and huffed that he shouldn't have to put up with this.

It was amusing as all hell as Jenna ignored him and immediately ordered him to get back to work. Stiles and Jeremy laughed at the vampire but Damon, being Damon got back at them later. So yes, unpacking was boring and tedious, especially with the constant interruptions but they still found a way to have fun despite it.

It was during that week that Stiles got a message from Peter saying that the Hale pack were inviting them to their new home and that they hoped all would join them. Stiles mentioned how they were currently busy would be free the next week. So, once they finished with the house and returned all the dishes and tray and actually went food shopping for the first time, they set up a date.

They ended up managing to do a little more than just finish up the house. They also managed to get Jeremy enrolled in the school and Jenna got a job there as the new school councillor. Apparently, the old school councillor was Deaton's sister, and she went nuts on some of the students when she found out her brother was missing. Stiles isn't really sure what happened there, but he does know that the woman was arrested for attacking students, so hopefully he doesn't have to worry about her.

When the time came, they all hopped in the car and Damon drove them to the Hale house. The drive was longer than Stiles expected. It seems that the Hale pack moved their home to a different area of the preserve. Closer to emergency services, like firefighters, the hospital and the police station. Stiles felt sad that they even had to think about it. The house itself was still placed within the preserve but this time only about a mile in instead of the five it was before.

When they arrived at the house, Stiles found himself breathless for a moment at the beauty of the place.

"Damn." Jeremy says.

"Indeed." Stiles nods.

The house was made of brick this time, not wood but it did have wooden detailing. The brick was this beautiful deep red and the wood was dark, maybe mahogany, but together it looked amazing. The house had a wooden porch out front, and it was covered in plants and flowers that brightened up the space.