Chapter 19

Stiles burst out laughing once he's taken in what Stefan just told them.

"Stop laughing! This isn't funny!" Elena exclaims.

"Yes, yes, it is." Stiles gasps as his side cramps from laughing too hard. "Both of Jeremy's siblings are actually his cousins. Our family is so fucked up."

"There is no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Stefan informs.

"My whole life I've never liked this man. I..." Elena trails off.

"I know, this is hilarious." Stiles wipes the tears out the corners of his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you in some typically inappropriate way...should have probably made sure that Stiles also wasn't here." Stefan apologises.

"No, I'm happy that you told me. Even with that one around. I just...I really hope it's not true. What am I supposed to do? Do I confront him and say, 'are you my biological father'?" Elena questions.

"If you do, can I be there to watch the look on his face?" Stiles inquires, finally having stopped laughing.

Elena and Stefan send him judgemental looks.

"I guess, when you're ready." Stefan tells Elena.

"I'm never gonna be ready. Stefan, I have enough problems with the family that I actually care about. Jeremy hates me, and why wouldn't he? My journal gave him every single reason to." Elena sulks.

"No, you gave him every reason to be angry with you. Your journal is just how he found out about everything." Stiles corrects. "Why did you even write about that? Rule one of keeping secrets, never write them down."

"He's never going to forgive me for Vicki, for taking away his memories, for lying to him." Elena states sadly.

"He's your brother." Stefan and Elena ignore the crow of 'cousin' that comes out of Stiles mouth. "He'll forgive you. Just give him some time."

#####

Stiles is standing in the town square standing next to Bonnie as they watch the floats go by while sharing popcorn.

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's high school Marching band!" Mrs Lockwood exclaims into the microphone she is holding as the marching band starts making its way past.

The crowd applauds as they listen to the song that the group are playing.

"And for a little local history, Mr Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek." Mrs Lockwood announces as the float comes into eyesight.

Stiles starts hollering in the crowd much to Bonnie's embarrassment as the float with his little brother passes them by. Stiles laughs as Tyler pretend to shoot Jeremy and his brother plays along. It's great to see the boy genuinely happy.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls court and their handsome escorts." Mrs Lockwood introduces.

Stiles cheers along with the crowd as he watches Elena, who's with Stefan and Caroline, who's with Matt, smile and wave out to the crowd.

"This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?" Mrs Lockwood asks the crowd.

Elena seems to find them in the crowd and waves at them, so they wave back happily. Or they do until Damon moves to stand in the way, sending his own little wave to Elena and Stefan.

"Really?" Stiles huffs causing Damon to turn around smirk plastered on his face.

"What do you want?" Bonnie asks annoyed.