Chapter 42

Stiles, Jeremy and Peter have been spending the last week going between fixing up the house and garden and collecting evidence on the Argent family. Peter had explained to them exactly how the fire happened, and that Kate Argent had screamed her whole plan at them as the house burned. Stiles was disgusted and pissed when he found out what Kate did to Peter's nephew, if someone had done that to Jeremy...Stiles would be out for blood.

Peter had originally been all for the, kill everyone responsible for the fire and the cover up but Jeremy had voiced his disapproval of killing everyone, So Stiles came up with collecting evidence of the Argent's crimes and sending it into the police. When Peter pointed out that the Argents had people everywhere Stiles told him that they would also be sending it into the FBI and if the Argents just happen to find out about their investigation, then he guesses they will just have to defend themselves.

One of the things that they have also been doing is trying to find Peter's family so that they can send them messages about Peter being awake and/or alive. Finding where Cora is currently living was surprisingly the easiest. Stiles showed Peter the map of dots denoting family members and Peter had pointed to the dot in south America and told them that it was most likely Cora as he had once told her about a secondary Hale pack living there and that if something ever happened then she would be safe there.

Stiles was intrigued by the idea of a secondary pack, but Peter explained that with the amount of Hale's that were born and married off over the centuries, there were several other Hale packs filled with third and fourth cousins, aunts and uncles. Stiles wondered if the Gajos would have been the same...had they not been hunted down and killed. He tries not to think about it, the family he could have had.

When Peter found out about Malia, he was shocked and confused. The only people in the pack that were old enough to be having kids where his sisters and brother and there is no way that they would have given up a child for adoption. Jeremy pointed out that they might if it was an affair, but Peter shot that down really quick. There is no way that any of them could have had an affair, they would have smelled it and the drama that would have ensued, there is no way for Peter to not have known.

Eventually Peter decided that he would check the Hale registry when they went to the Hale vault. If his family new about the child, then they would have had it written down in there no matter what the circumstances were.

Getting in touch with Laura and Derek now that was a test in patience. They went to New York and seemed to have changed their names. Trying to find their address was impossible, so Peter decided that it was time to start calling up his old contacts. Several of them didn't answer, phones disconnected and the like. But he managed to get in contact with a witch who knew an alpha who lived in New York.

The Alpha said that they knew of two wolves, one of whom was an alpha, that had come to New York years ago and that they were very sweet kids but seemed to be running from something. Peter asked if the alpha could get a message to them, and the alpha agreed readily. With that done all Hale's excluding Malia now knew that Peter was alive and awake and waiting for them in Beacon Hills. Now it was just a waiting game.

While they waited, Peter helped Jeremy with moving some of the furniture as the man couldn't 'handle this disaster of a house'. While they were doing that Stiles found something weird...well not weird but a massive coincidence. The person who had sold him the mountain ash had also been selling large batches of mountain ash, wolfsbane and some other things to the Argents for what looked like years. And after every new batch was sent, a few months later a house full of people burned. Stiles felt sick at the idea that the person he bought from was connected to and complicit with the Argent's crimes.

After all the work on the house that Peter did, Stiles felt guilty for having to kick the man out at the end of the summer. He told Jeremy this and Peter being the nosy nelly that he is, overheard him and pointed out that he has money and is in need of a place to stay and that Stiles has a place for him to stay and wants money. After that conversation Stiles guilt left him as it was decided that Peter would be renting the house out from Stiles.