Chapter 64

When Stiles and Klaus arrive back in America, they quickly make their way back to Mystic Falls. Klaus offers for Stiles to come with him, but Stiles declines and asks to be dropped off at home so that he can check in on Jeremy and Jenna. Stiles desperately wants to see his brother alive and well whilst also checking out this tattoo on Jeremy's hand.

Klaus drops Stiles off outside and Stiles, with his bag in his hand, walks up the driveway and to the front door. He unlocks it with his key and steps in, making sure to close the door behind him. It's early so he isn't expecting to see anyone awake which is why it's such a surprise to see Elena and Jenna hovering over a sleeping Jeremy and Damon standing off to one side.

"Oh, dear god." Damon mutters as Stiles spots them.

"What's going...on?" Stiles' voice gets quieter as he notices something. There is blood on Jeremy's neck and his clothes, and his hands and Jeremy isn't sleeping. He's dead. "What the fuck?!"

"Language." Jenna automatically scolds but her eyes don't move away from Jeremy.

"What happened? I got a call from Stefan, he said that all was fine. How did this happen?" Stiles inquires angrily.

"Oh, so now Stefan isn't just working with Klaus, he's working with you too." Elena scoffs.

"What?!" Stiles exclaims before turning to look at Damon. "What is going on?"

"That is an excellent question." Damon starts before saying literally nothing else.

"Damon!" Stiles yells.

"Don't yell at Damon, this isn't his fault." Jenna informs before side-eyeing Elena.

Stiles turns to look at Elena who flinches away from Jenna.

"What did you do?" Stiles asks calmly making everyone in the room move slowly away from him.

"I didn't..." Elena starts.

"What did you do?" Stiles commands.

"I thought he was Connor, so I stabbed him in the neck." Elena admits quickly.

"Did you, or did you not kill Connor yesterday? How could Connor possibly be in this house?" Stiles questions.

"I don't know, it's like I was hallucinating." Elena defends before she starts pacing. "I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?"

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon offers making everyone turn to glare at him. "You should have called Stefan."

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what." Elena huffs.

"He did?" Jenna asks.

"It's a long story but considering what was spoken about it's understandable that Klaus had Stefan compel Jeremy." Stiles tells Jenna.

"You knew?!" Elena screeches.

"I was there and just so were all on the same page, Jeremy agreed to have his memories removed." Stiles defends himself.

"And I'm just supposed to believe you?" Elena yells.

"You killed our brother and yet I'm still the bad guy here? Are you kidding?" Stiles yells back.

"You should have called Stefan." Damon repeats again from his corner.

"I don't trust him right now, Damon. Either of them." Elena glares at Stiles who proceeds to show his middle finger to the irrational vampire.

Suddenly the front door opens an in comes Stefan.

"Hey." Stefan greets awkwardly.

"PS, I called Stefan." Damon admits.