Chapter 20

"I looked everywhere." Elena says to Stefan through her phone.

She and Stiles are walking up the driveway to the front door of the house. They had gone back to school to pick up Elena's clothes but when they had gotten there her 1800 century costume was gone.

...

"Yeah, someone definitely took my stuff." Elena states.

"I can't imagine why. When are you going to go anywhere dressed as an 1800th century noble woman?" Stiles inquires.

...

"I'm just gonna check on Jeremy before I go to the hospital, can you meet me there?" Elena asks.

Right, they had gotten news that after Stiles saw them leave the Grill, Matt, Tyler and Caroline got into a car accident and now Caroline isn't doing good.

...

"Okay, I love you, Stefan." Elena speaks into her phone as Stiles rolls his eyes whilst getting out his house keys.

...

Stiles opens the door to find it completely quiet.

Weird...shouldn't Jenna be home?

"Jeremy? are you up?" Elena calls out into the house.

They hear a clattering noise in the kitchen and start walking in that direction.

"Oh my god!" Stiles exclaims when, once they enter the kitchen, the first thing he sees is John on the floor with a stab wound to the stomach and missing fingers on his hand.

Stiles goes rushing over to him, getting a dish towel and placing it over John's stab wound and placing pressure on it.

Elena in the meantime grabs the home phone and calls 911.

"Hi, I...I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street." Elena tells the 911 operator.

"Behind you." John whispers causing Stiles to frown.

"What?" Elena asks.

"Behind you!" John strains out.

Stiles doesn't turn, he can't let go of John or the man will bleed out. Not matter how much he wishes John dead sometimes he isn't actually petty enough to allow the man to bleed out. Stiles hears a gasp from behind him as Elena turns.

"Elena talk to me. I can't see what's happening." Stiles reminds.

"There's no one behind us that I can see." Elena says, before grabbing the bloody knife off the floor and walking further into the living room.

"Keep you back to the wall Elena, don't let anyone sneak up behind you." Stiles advises despite having his back to the rest of the house.

Stiles swears he can hear gusts of air whipping around every now and then. But he doesn't turn. He feels lightheaded and like he's going to throw up at any moment, there is just so much blood.

Suddenly Elena starts yelling, "Jeremy!" he hears her running up the stairs. "Jeremy! Jeremy!"

"Oh god that is not the way to make me calm down." Stiles mutters as he tries to focus on John.

"Behind you." John tells him once again.

"Well, you know what? Whoever is behind me can go fuck themselves because it has been a very hectic day and I don't have the energy to put up with any more bullshit!" Stiles snaps.

He hears a light laugh come from behind him that makes all the air in his lungs evacuate but he still refuses to turn. The next thing he hears is the sound of the ambulance blaring.