Chapter 59

Elijah had to say that he does enjoy spoiling his spark. Seeing the way his face lit up when Elijah revealed that they would be flying to New York in a private jet was a lovely experience. And then Stiles' face when they exited, and a Bentley was waiting for them.

Elijah also enjoyed the pout that showed up on the sparks face when he told him that in no certain terms that he would not be driving his car. Well, it would be more accurate to say that Elijah enjoyed kissing that pout off of his sparks face.

Something that he didn't enjoy however was the fact that their first day in New York was spent with Stiles going off to get a tour of the college that Stiles was considering. Stiles had offered for Elijah to join him, but the thousand-year-old vampire very much disliked the idea. Being surrounded by teenagers was not how Elijah wanted to spend his day.

When Stiles pointed out that he was technically a teenager, Elijah hated that the most. It was something that he'd come to terms with over his considerably long life. Whoever he dates will naturally be younger than him, but Stiles is most definitely the youngest. It makes him uncomfortable to think about, so he just doesn't.

Stiles naturally picked up on Elijah's uncomfortableness and quickly reassured him. Elijah will admit to being startled by just how on point Stiles seemed to be when it came to finding and pointing out people's insecurities. His spark was dangerous like that. Seemingly innocent looking only to reveal a hidden ability that he could use for a great many evils but instead uses to comfort those around him.

Anyway, day one was a bust as Stiles would say. But day two in New York, that was a day that Elijah enjoyed immensely. They started with room service in the hotel that Elijah booked for them, which lead to a conversation about where Elijah gets his money from. Not exactly the type of conversation he wanted to have over breakfast in bed, but his spark was a curious one so Elijah told him.

Then Elijah had them both get dressed and took Stiles out for a walk through a nature preserve. His spark loved that as he used the walk to test his trivia on different species of plant. Not exactly what Elijah had in mind but there was something about watching Stiles search through his brain for knowledge that was Elijah loved seeing. His spark was smart, and Elijah loved seeing his brain at work.

For lunch Elijah booked them in at a restaurant overlooking the Hudson River. That meal actually went how Elijah expected it too. Stiles gushed over the venue and the fact that he had completely booked the place solely for them. He got to feed Stiles some of the food from his plate; his eyes were stuck on Stiles' mouth as the spark licked his lips.

When the meal was over Elijah took Stiles to watch a broad-way show. They watched from his families pre-reserved box seats. And Stiles of course managed to surprise Elijah once again by admitting that he's always wanted to see a broad-way show. As apparently when he was younger, Caroline had gone on constantly about how she wished to be on the stage with the other actors, so Stiles researched it for days to make sure that Caroline was choosing the right career path for her.

He fell in love with broad-way after that and one of his guilty pleasures was holing up in his bedroom with his laptop watching broad-way shows and musicals and the like. When the show finished Elijah had planned for them to go to a Michelin star restaurant but Stiles being Stiles changed their plans by grabbing Elijah's tie, pulling him close and whispering about how happy he was and what exactly he wanted to do to as a result.

And Elijah could hardly say no to the spark, so they quickly found their way back to the hotel and into bed. Elijah will be the first to admit that he was surprised that night by exactly how much stamina his spark had. Though he should have known considering how well Stiles was able to keep up with both him and Klaus, that night they spent together.