27. Always You

Ishan had joined therapy sessions.

Something that Raj bhaiya had insisted him continuously after that incident. Though reluctant at 1st, Ishan was actually happy with that decision.

His therapist was a very sweet and genuine lady named Simran.

Though inside the clinic doors, everything was professional, outside those doors held a beautiful friendship. Not to mention, Simran was great fan of Ishan since his U-19 days.

Ishan was lucky to have a friend as his therapist. He literally shared his daily routine and report with her. And she knew everything about him, including his relationship with Shubman.

Obviously, that was the main reason Ishan had gone to therapy, to get over him but instead, he was met with a beautiful soul who made him realise, that life has its ups and downs, and when in love two souls bound so much to each other get seperated against their will it's obvious that one can almost never get over with it.

Outside the sessions, when once Ishan and Simran had gone to a cafe he looked at his normally composed friend now looking a little nervous, which was not very obvious, but obvious enough for Ishan to notice.

Ishan unable to bear the silence finally asked "Kya hua? You look a little nervous" Ishan asked, siping his Latte.

Simran who was blowing at her hot chocolate, to make it cold, finally sighed and kept her cup down.

"Ishan, I know we had discussed that we won't be talking about your sessions outside the therapy room but I'm asking this as a friend." Simran said, adjusting her specs.

Ishan's eyebrows furrowed for a brief second but keeping his cup down he finally gave his whole attention to his friend. He motioned with his hand to continue.

With a small smile, Simran finally asked "Ishan.. have you called Shubman even once during this span of 1month?"

Ishan knew what was the topic going to be. He shook his head in a no and spoke with heaviness in his heart "I didn't, but there's not one day that has gone without me thinking of calling him"

"But.." Simran extended his reply, knowing Ishan wanted to continue.

With a shuddering breath, he said "Simran.. I can't forgive myself for the day I left him. His pleading, his tearing eyes, his last touch of trying to hold my hand, everything just makes me feel guilty. Aur kya muh leke usse maafi mangu? Main agar Shubman hota, toh kabhi khudko maaf nahi karta. I deserve to live in this pain. He'll find someone who is better than me, he'll find someone who can fight for him, who won't make him cry.. w-who won't break promises." Ishan stuttered the last part, the flood gates again trying to open.

Simran unable to look at her dear friend in this state, took his hand in her's and patted it. Ishan gave a small smile at the gesture.

"I hope you know Ishan, that a love as deep and pure as your both, deserves a happy ending. Don't give up before it starts Ishan. We have discussed it during sessions that you can't blame yourself for something which you were forced to. And even if you want to let Shubman happy with someone else, shouldn't you give him a proper closure? You both deserve too." Simran said

Ishan looked at her with thoughtful eyes. Simran was right, atleast Shubman deserved a closure for him to move on. Ishan's heart clenched with jealousy at the thought of his Shubman being with someone else, but that's the least he could do for Shubman.

Ishan was ready to live a life like Devdas, just for his dimpled smile charmer

He nodded his head at Simran and patted her hand which hovered over his, in a small gesture as a "thank you"