22. For him

As the World Cup finals came near, the Indian team's anxiety increased day by day.

Some started skipping meals, some started forgetting to call their family, some forgot their social media account and some great individuals forgot the names of their teammates.

Last one was none other than their skipper. And it would be always amusing to watch such behaviour of Rohit, but no one could blame him.

During the semi finals, some historic moments had occurred like Shami's 7haul wicket, Virat's 72nd century and India finally winning against New Zealand. Also not to forget, India had won the toss and chose to bat. A vice decision by the skipper.

Also, not to mention Shubman's 80 for 66 and Shreyas' 105. Ishan was on cloud 9, enjoying those moments.

But a problematic decision occured when Kuldeep got injured while fielding.

Shubman got cramps as well, but he recovered, during their batting innings itself, and continued playing.

But Kuldeep held his shoulder in pain and the teammates as well the entire indian crowd got worried.

The physiotherapist brought Kuldeep to the stands. Dravid Sir and Dilip Sir were discussing something as Ishan was helping Kuldeep to ice his shoulder.

"Ishan" Rahul sir called him.

"Ji Sir?" Ishan got up, giving Shardul the ice pack. He came in front of Rahul sir and Dilip sir.

Dilip sir smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Ishan, you have to go and field in place of Kuldeep, can you do it?"

Ishan nodded, he knew that there were shortage of players since even Hardik was injured. He removed the orange suit, doing little warm-ups he rushed towards the field.

***********************************

And boy was it a great decision. Ishan had caught important catches of two players. Jadeja even lifted Ishan when he caught one of his ball that was hit by a player.

Shubman ruffled his hair and appreciation. Ishan swatted his hand, but anyways side hugged him and they shared a brief eye contact.

Their moment was interrupted when Surya crossed in front of them and coughed "Semi finals hai. Semi finals"

Ishan and Shubman parted themselves from each other, blushing a little and walked back to their fielding position.

Indian won against New Zealand by 70 runs.

***********************************

Today, it was Australia V/S South Africa. Indian team were hoping for SA team to win after their amazing knock against them, but unfortunately couldn't.

Now a meeting was held, about who should replace Kuldeep, since he was injured in the finals.

The bowling team was still good. But the playing 11 for batting was affected more.

"I would like to announce, that Ishan will be playing in the finals, replacing Kuldeep." Rohit said and the entire team looked towards a dumbfounded Ishan who had his mouth open.

They all started hooting and clapping his back but Ishan was still stunned.

When Dravid Sir came towards him, he stood up, recovering from his initial shock. "I have lot of faith in you, Ishan." He said, as he tapped his shoulder and left.

Coach was a man of few words, but Ishan was really grateful for even those words. Those words held more power over any precious assets and liabilities, that Ishan possessed.