21. Support System

Rohit being Rohit, didn't even try to hide his excitement.

Virat walked out of the shower stall just to look at two dumbfounded and stunned idiots looking at their skipper who was throwing hands in the air, as if he won the world cup match.

"Cheeks! Hum Jeet Gaye!! Aaj toh double party hogi" Rohit rushed towards a freshly showered Virat, shaking him with excitement.

Virat looked at the youngsters who were looking a little embarrassed but giggled in amusement looking at their skipper.

Virat calmed him down by placing his hands stopping his bouncing moments "Shana.. tu KAPTAN hai.. chill maar" Virat said lightly with gritted teeth, looking sheepishly at the youngsters. Ishan and Shubman had placed a hand on their mouth to stop their laughter.

Realisation struck Rohit, and he stopped jumping. Clearing his throat he composed himself and looked at three of them.

"Uh.. ok. I mean Well done. Sorry Good Job- sorry uh- Abey Hatt" Rohit stuttered as he dismissed but then left to take shower.

All three looked at each other started laughing at their cute captain.

***********************************

"So it's hat-trick of wins for India! How do you feel Shubman about joining back in the team!" The commentator asked.

Shubman smiled "It feels great to be back on ground, and back with the team, yeah."

"So I know you wished to score lot more but circumstances forbided. Do you feel like your form has detoriated after the sickness?" Other commentator asked.

Shubman knew such questions were about to come. He was well prepared "I mean, obviously it did take a toll but I am giving my best to score of the team rather than individual scores. The team has been nothing but supporting to us-  me.. I mean" Shubman corrected himself at the last part.

Shubman was ecstatic way more about everyone in the team accepting their relationship more than the win. Obviously, it was overwhelming for both of them. But the team
knew it had been coming for a long time. It's funny how it took both of them few years to understand that they could never be "just" friends but the entire team knew that a long time before them.

As the interview ended, Shubman walked back to the stands. There what he saw made his eyes widened.

Ishan, Sara, Arjun, Abhishek were all laughing and chatting.

Ishan knew Sara, the same amount of time as Shubman. Not to forget, Ishan and Arjun were actually close with eachother due to them playing for MI.

When he came near them, they all stopped talking and smiled at the newcomers presence.

"Kya baate chal rahi hai?" Shubman asked as he placed one hand on Abhishek's shoulder. The latter doing the same.

"Arey kuch nahi. Yahi bas hardik bhai, sabka interview le rahete, aur Rohit bhai is looking so done. Aaj to dekhna hai, fielder award kisko milta hai" Ishan said smiling widely at Shubman.

And as the conversations between the youngsters continued, Shubman just fondly looked at Ishan's animated movements and smile as he spoke. And boy, was he smitten.

All he could think was just grab his cute boyfriend, wrap him with a present paper and treasure that gift forever. Shubman did think he was mad for even having such absurd thoughts, but how could anyone just resist such cutie.

Shubman sighed loudly with satisfaction, that lead to everyone just stop their talks and look at him questionably. Shubman cleared his throat and just rubbed the back of his neck, blushing slightly. Soon he excused himself saying "You guys carry on. Kuch kaam hai"