17. Only You

"And this World Cup Match is being played by the Country hosting it and 5times champions, Australia! So what do you think India, this year, will be your year?!!" The commentator asked and the whole stadium with, covered in a ocean of blue jerseys screamed in a chorus 'Yes'

Australia had won the toss and had decided to bat. This increased the tension more between the youngsters of the team especially Ishan, who with lot of courage had finally brought the determination to open with Rohit in the 1st World Cup match.

Ishan had video called Shubman just a few minutes prior to the toss. He did look weak, had looked like he had lost couple of pounds, but still he put on a smile and cheered up Ishan.

Although, their relationship was revealed to almost four players of ICT, Shubman requested them, not to reveal as of now, as he wished to come out to the team after he gets back, and most probably after the finals. Though they had agreed, the teasing won't be stop was a condition given to the duo, which they two had reluctantly agreed.

They all entered the field ready for some amazing fielding.

Before scattering on the ground, the skipper Rohit gathered everyone in a circle and gave a small talk about how everyone has to give their best and need to be alert throughout the game.

The match had begun, and from the start itself, the Australian team regretted choosing batting since they underestimated the bowling line up of India.

The main wickets were by Jadeja, Bumrah and Kuldeep. Not to mention, the fielding of Shreyas and Kohli.

But, our pocket dynamo, shook the Australian team with his amazing fielding skills. Majority of boundaries were avoided, when this 5 feet 6inches man, risked his life by saving some important fours. His body ached, but the adrenaline rush, numbed all the pain.

The 1st inning ended with Australia being all out at 199.

When the guys came back to the dressing room to freshen up for their batting line, Ishan rushed towards his phone.

His eyebrows furrowed in worry and confusion when he received three missed calls from Rishab, just within a span of 5mins, the time taken by the team to return in the dressing room.

He was about to call him, when he found that the line was busy.

Soon, Hardik's phone rang in the dressing room, his weird ringtone making its presence in the background of talks in the room.

"Ha bol Rishu?" Hardik asked and Ishan frantically walked towards him and turned all ears.

"Ha Kishan hai na idher.. kya hua? All good na?" Hardik asked as he ruffled his hair.

"KYA!!" Now all the team members looked towards Hardik, at his sudden outburst.

"Accha accha.. thik hai.. jo bhi formalities hai woh karle aur kuch bhi chahiye ho toh mujhe ya Jaddu ko batana.. waise bhi humare batting ke chances kam hai" Hardik said, worry and tension lacing his voice and soon he cut the call.

"Kya hua Pandya bhai? All good? Aur aur Shubi kaisa hai... is he ok?" Ishan asked frantically. Shreyas placed a comforting hand on his back trying to calm him down.

"Woh.. woh actually, Shubman.." Hardik paused for fraction of second and before he took a deep breath and said "Shubman's platelet count dropped.. urgent platelet donation has been made. Abhi woh chadhayenge" Hardik completes ans everyone gasped.

Ishan unable to bear the news, suddenly dropped to the bench, very stunned by the news, almost emotionless. Virat who stood beside him, dropped to the seat beside him and gently shook Ishan, trying to bring him to his senses.