26. REAL eyes, REALISE

A MONTH

A month since Ishan had talked to Shubman. Or Shubman had talked to Ishan.

But for the latter part, the younger one  like a lost puppy was waiting for him everyday to respond to him, in hopes that he'll find their way through everything and get back again to their original smiling and laughing self.

It did not help that Ishan asked for a break from series, which he well deserved.

Though it meant not even seeing Ishan for a month, Shubman was happy that Ishan had finally once thought selfishly about himself and decided to work on him.

Worst? During their time apart, a well previously recorded KBC show with Ishan and Smriti had broadcasted during these time. In that Ishan had answered the question about their "bromance" with love-sick smile, that for the 1st time Shubman had genuinely smiled after so many days. He remembered how Ishan said he had a surprise, previous during one of their video calls when Shubman was in London.

His heart clenched in anger when he saw Ishan partying.

No it was not because he didn't want Ishan to enjoy.

He just felt angry that Ishan was actually happy and his usual self without him, when Shubman was actually suffering an "early downfall" as his trollers would say.

But he was not blind to not notice that Ishan's eyes still lack the usual spark.

A spark, that only Shubman could bring out in him.

On the other hand, Ishan didn't get even a blink of sleep.

Love, Career, Friendship all of this was at stake.

Ishan didn't realise what he had done to deserve all this.

Ishan asked for leave, just to focus on his health, but even that was detoriating due to his mind always lingering a specific dimpled smile beauty even during his sleep.

This didn't go unnoticed by his family.
Raj bhaiya, had noticed this about Ishan.

"Ishu, kya hua? Bata de yaar? Tu thik hai na?" Raj asked him, almost pleading him to speak.

A drunk Ishan replied with a sad smile said "Nahi Bhaiya, aapka B'day hai! Aap enjoy karu"

Raj in anger threw the entire bottle in thrash bin. Before Ishan could protest Raj held his collar from one hand and asked him furiously "Batata hai ki do thappad chahiye"

Ishan's eyes widened, but the alcohol made him so senseless that he said
"Thappad se Darr nahi lagta sahab, pyaar se lagta hai" and giggled.

Raj, who usually used laugh at Ishan's filmy dialogues had first time felt his gut drop at Ishan's antic.

His brother was going through the heartbreak.

And Raj knew very well who was this significant other.

Only a blind person that close to Ishan, would ignore that Ishan's heart only belonged to Shubman. Since as long as they knew eachother.

"Kya hua tere aur Shubman ke beech? Did he do something?" Raj asked in a doubtful tone. He knew, Shubman adored Ishan and he would never hurt even an ant, leave alone Ishan, intentionally.

Ishan's eyes welled up at his name. He shook his head and sat upright.

The tears got the best of him and soon, all the emotions that Ishan had bottled up, had finally broken like flood gates and Ishan cried. He wailed and Raj Kishan for the 1st time felt pity and helplessness for his brother's state.