Chapter 58

Sage

Every fiber, it feels in my body, is on fire. All of my senses seem to have awakened, I feel like a heady teenager all over again. The way he winks at me, that goofy grin of his, the dimple, his shaggy hair to his chin, those irresistible eyes. It's all making me swoon and go gooey. That's right, gooey in my mid-thirties. Hell, I know I'm not going to be able to resist him. And last night was out of this world.

It was like being back home with the man I should have stayed with. Oh, why did I have to be so headstrong, so determined, so... Damn it.

Mr Jefferson brings us our pizzas in the standard brown cardboard boxes with the company family logo on it. A chef's face with a chef's hat. Simple. "I'm guessing for takeout, correct?"

"Absolutely. Thanks Mr Jefferson." I say as Logan reaches in his pocket and pulls out some notes. I stand and my legs feel weak. Jeez this is getting insane. I'm a full-grown adult in charge of her body, aren't I? Only now I'm kind of wondering because really just looking at Logan, the way the veins pop on his arms, his muscular legs, and those narrow hips, they're enough to make any girl flush.

"Let's go." He places a hand on the small of my back, it's such a simple gesture yet goes straight to my clit. Yes girls, that's right. My clit is already in over-drive, and she is aching like a bitch on heat.

I don't hesitate and go to open the door, but he has beaten me to it. His momma brought him up with manners and it shows. "After you." He says with a crooked grin on his face. I want to reach up and touch the stubble on his jaw, the same jaw that is strong and sharp. Logan is one-hundred percent man and I mean that with a capital M, ladies.

I get in my car, yes after he's held the door open for me and put the key in the ignition. He goes to his truck and hops in with the pizza boxes. My stomach grumbles, I know we ate at Bluebell's, but I have a large appetite, God only knows where it goes, I must have hollow legs.

I follow his taillights as we drive the final few metres of Main Street then take a left at the T-junction. Either side are fields with breathtaking mountain views, trees of all colors as the season has now changed and we are into fall. It's beautiful here in West Virginia especially in the fall and it always was one of my favorite times of the year, second to Christmas.

Boy, does our town go nuts for Christmas. There are parades, stalls in the square on Main Street, houses decorate to the hilt and there is even the best Christmas house award each year. It's been a while since I actually went to the ceremonies for Christmas. To be honest, I'd simply come back from Michigan for Christmas eve night, stay for the following day then head back to work. It's long hours when you work in a state hospital and especially as part of the A&E team. It's rewarding but also can be harrowing. Some days I felt as if I would crack.

I keep my eyes on his truck as he follows the road round the bend then takes the dirt track to his right. It's densely populated with firs and conifers and our vehicles climb a small ascent until we come to the opening in front of his cabin.

I love the wood structure, it's so welcoming and homely. It must be amazing to come back here after a day at the practice, sit on the porch with Hector and let your legs stretch out with a bottle of beer in your hand and watch the sunset. I find myself sighing.

For real? Am I actually sighing over my imagination of something I don't even want? Or am I having a change of heart? Okay, WTF is going on with me right now?

Logan steps out of his truck with the pizzas in his left hand. Man has he got some sexy ass muscular legs on him, not to mention that tight ass of his. It's so perfect I want to bite it.

He strolls over to my car and opens the door for me to step out. Gracefully I swing my legs onto the ground and stand next to him. His head bows down and I can smell his musky aftershave, we're so close and those damn full lips of his have got me all hot and bothered, that and being so near to him again. He fuels my body, he's my magnet. I can't resist.

Stuff the consequences, right now all I want is Logan. Our lips greet each other, it's soft, delicate and I can feel his emotion through them. Our tongues find each other. He tastes faintly of garlic from earlier and coffee. Logan pulls away first, leaving me wanting more and more.

"C'mon darlin'. I've got a dog to let out and we've got some pizza to eat." Party pooper.

He strolls to the side of me, inserts his key in the lock and opens the door. A happy Hector comes running out and does circles around Logan's feet, sniffs at my shoes, and then goes promptly to the large tree close by and cocks his leg. Ada boy.

We step inside the cottage; I swear this is the largest front door I've ever come across as we both fit in side by side. The cottage is still warm from the fire he must have lit this morning to take the morning chill off. That and it's pretty weatherproof. It feels like stepping home, everything is comfortable and cozy from the sofa, the easy chair, his handmade wooden coffee table, to the kitchen area and the broad beams above us.

Logan makes his way to the kitchen in his boots, and I slide my shoes off and pad towards him in my fluffy Donald Duck socks. Don't dare say anything. They're my favorite comfort socks and I love anything Disney, always have always will. When you grow out of Disney, I swear you've just gotten old and miserable.

"You grab some plates from the cupboard while I stoke the fire. It's going to be a bit chillier this evening." He says as he makes his way to the lounge area and closes the door after Hector has come in.

"Hey big fella." I say as I run my fingers through Hector's mop of curly hair on top of his head. "Such a handsome guy." I say.

"You talking about me again, darlin'?" Logan chuckles.

"Give over. I'm talking about Hector. He's gorgeous."

"Yeah, he sure is. He's my best mate, aren't you buddy." Logan is done with the fireplace and comes to pat his buddy on the side. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out some kind of dog twizzle treat and passes it to Hector who is sitting waiting obediently, with his tail going nine to the dozen. I'm telling you, he is so adorable, like one big, fluffy teddy bear. I want a Hector.

Er, I'm not going to be able to have a dog if I go back to a state hospital, the hours will be intense and crazy. There'll be no room for a dog in my life. I dismiss the thought as quickly as it came to mind. I need to focus on my goals and not become distracted. Maybe I want to be distracted. "What are you thinking there, Sage? You've got a far away look on your face." Logan reaches for the plates and takes them to the sturdy, oak dining table. He's already got round plate mats on the table. From the pine dresser he takes some cutlery from one of the three drawers and sets the table.

Hector takes his treat and goes to lay in front of the fire that is now blazing with its orange flames. It gives off such a cozy vibe that I feel like I never want to leave. Oh. God. I am in such big trouble, here. BIG. TROUBLE.

"Oh, nothing." I can see from his raised eyebrows that he doesn't believe me. That's the problem when the heart throb in front of you, knows you better than you know yourself.