Chapter 49

Logan

The flames flicker gently, Hector is content, I can hear his faint snoring, it's a sound that gets me every damn time. And, sitting right beside me so close on the sofa is the girl of my dreams, the one I let get away. I can't hold back any longer, I must know.

As I move my head, I feel a smack against my forehead. "Holy shit." I say raising my head to where the smack took place.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Sage is laughing, she's laughing so much it fills my heart to see that amazing look on her. After so long.

"Yeah, what happened there. Are you okay?" I ask her and raise my hands to cradle her face.

Our eyes make contact, I can see her pupils are dilated and it dawns on me that she was leaning in for a kiss at about right the same time. No way.

Her lips are close to mine, I can smell the wine on her breath and chocolate from her dessert. Those lips are slightly parted. Gently, still cradling her face I lower my lips to hers. My heart feels like it's going to blow right out of my chest as I savour the softness of her plump lips, her tongue slides easily into my mouth and I feel as if I've gone back in time, sitting on the bed in my old bedroom, my guitar cast to the side as we locked in an embrace that neither of us ever found easy to pull away from, only coming up for air.

I allow my tongue to slide into her warm mouth, damn it's sending all sorts of signals around my body as I pull her head closer in, brushing the side of her face with my thumb. Sage groans into my mouth, the same groan I know so well.

Somebody wake me up right now, if this is a dream to be honest, I never want it to end. I feel as if I am floating, she's here, really here in front of me, her lips against mine, our tongues dancing their familiar dance like we've never been separated. My heart can't take it if she leaves me again.

Her breathing catches as I move my left hand down her arms to her waist and pull her closer into me. "Oh, God. Logan." She breathes into my mouth; I kiss her deeper and harder. She pushes her body against my chest and before I know it, I'm laying almost back on the sofa. With ease, Sage is laying over my body.

"What has taken us so long?" She asks, her mouth upturned. I'm telling you she looks like an angel right now only one with a glint in her eyes. Oh hell. I know that look, she wants me only. Okay, there is an only here so be ready.

Can I go ahead and let her into my bed again? Can I let her back into my heart? I don't think I can go through it all over again, I'm not built that way. Losing Sage the first time round almost killed me, then losing my wife took me to near obliteration. So, you can see why suddenly I'm nervous yet wanting her so damn much, that I ache, and my cock is urging to be released.

Do I throw all caution to the wind? 

Her legs straddle me, and I feel her hands starting to unbutton my shirt, I feel like I am paralyzed. Part of my brain knows I should stop her to save my own heart but the rest of me, well let's just say I am a red bloodied man, and this isn't any woman, this is Sage Bennett.

"Take me to bed." Damn those words, okay I can't be that strong. Fuck it, I need her. I want her. She's here now with me and she wants me like she always used to.

In one swoop, I am off the sofa, her legs tightly wrapped around my waist, I cradle her ass so prevent her from slipping. Those slender arms of hers snake around my neck and those kisses she's placing up and down my neck are making my whole-body zing. I am on fire and she's going to get it tonight. Fuck my mind, fuck what's going to happen. I could still change her mind, right? 

Hector doesn't stir, he's out for the count as I make my way to the heavy pine, bedroom door and kick it open with my right foot. "Oo, you beast you." She chuckles.

"I'll show you beast." It takes me all of four strides to reach my large mahogany bed, that I'll have you know I made myself including all the carvings of angels and cherubs.

"Wow, Logan. Did you make this?" She asks me, her eyes so wide they're like saucers right now. I nod. "It's stunning, you were always good with your hands."

"I'm gonna show you just how good I am with these hands." She blushes. Cute. Gently, I lay my girl down on the bed and kick my shoes off before I slip hers off her feet. Her hair is sprawled out all over my pillows and I love the sight of her laying there waiting for me to undress her, one piece of clothing at a time.

Her lips remain parted, and her breathing has increased, my heart is banging in my chest so hard it's going to drop right out. I undress her in slow motion, I want to take my time.

"Just take everything off, already." She's insistent, fiery, and damn sexy. I can sense her urgency and I'm betting that her clit is throbbing and aching to be touched right now.

"Don't be so impatient." I tell her as I lower myself next to her almost naked body, just laying here right by my side in the prettiest pale blue sheer lace bra and panties is making so damn hard. She's a sight that would make any man think they're about to come in their pants like a hormonal teenager.

"Are you sure about this, darlin'?"

"Yes, I'm very sure." Her breathy voice is so low I can only just hear her. Tonight, I'm going to make her all mine, she's not going to want to go anywhere once she's experienced me again.