Ice Cream

Hailey's Pov:

I had always thought that this boy jake was kind of cute... WHEN I was in elementary school though. now, I mean, I think so? I don't know. it's too confusing. the funny thing is that I'm thinking about this while I'm casually eating ice cream with my brother Zander, and his friend, Luke at the mall! it's ironic... I mean, I first met jake at this same plaza! 

We were walking to "Rosebud Fasion" to get new clothes for my first day of elementary school, and I was jumping from tile to tile trying not to step on the marble cracks while running my hand against the wall. You know, the thing we did when we were all kids! heh... fun times. of course, I don't really do that anymore as I've CLEARLY matured! But, if I was, why can't I move on from this childhood crush? I saw him ONE time and I've been swooning ever since?

"HAILEY? are you ok?" Zander whisper yelled in my ear, pulling me out of my thoughts.

 "AH ZANDER!" I screeched, as bits of ice cream flew onto my hand. "You can't scare me like that!" 

"Sorry, I just wanted to let you know that your ice cream was melting... and you were zoned out" Zander said, giving me a worried look on his face. Luke was too, but I guess you could say in a less concerned way. When I didn't respond, Zander put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you ok Hailey?" He said, plopping his grape flavored snow cone on the wooden table.

Just then, a breeze blew from an open window and hit me right in the face. "Great timing" I thought and quickly answered my purple haired brother with a now even more concerned look on his face. 

"U-um... yeah I'm completely fine" I said, plastering the best fake smile I could.

"Hailey, you are a horrible actor."  Zander said.

"WHAT UM-UH NO I'M NOT!" I yelled a little too loud. People started staring, as just kind of sat there embarrassed as heck.

"Hailey, you're not fooling anybody." Luke said, finishing the last of his vanilla ice cream cone.

"Don't tell me it's that STUPID guy you met in kinder garden." Zander said as he trailed off muttering something about how ugly he was. 

I sighed and said, "Zander, I'm over him!" I said as a blush creeped into my cheeks. I tried to finish my Peach flavored ice pop to cool me down... but, as I thought, it didn't work.

"IF YOU THINK ABOUT THAT DOUCHE BAG ONE MORE TIME I"M GONNA-" Zander yelled, but Luke quickly clapped his mouth shut before he could finish causing him to blush.

"OOOooOoooOOoOoO Zander likes Luke!" I said in a sing song voice, trying to change the subject to avoid lying anymore. YES, ITS TRUE. I've come to the conclusion that I. Still. Like. Jake. I know it's embarrassing, but he was my first ever crush! What can I say, I guess my type is cute peach haired boys with a charm.

AHH I CAN'T BELIVE I JUST THOUGHT OF THAT. I slapped myself mentally and proceeded to deny my words over and over again. Zander must've saw my face cause he quicky shook off the red tint on his cheeks and said,

"*insert iconic Zander sigh* Hailey... Please tell me what's bothering you."

I looked up at Zander and the window conveniently opened and blew a BIG ONE in my face. AGAIN. "Wow this wind hates me." I thought.

"Sure, is windy today, isn't it?" I stuttered, looking awkwardly at the chipped lime green walls. the clouds outside finally moved away from the sun, causing the place to light up. I could see the sign that read, "Rozy Clozy Ice Cream" in a cursive print right above the rustic wooden door frame that matched the tables I was sitting at.

"Tch. Fine don't tell me" Zander huffed slumping down on his seat. Luke put his arm around Zander lifting him backup and causing them both to lightly blush.

God, were they dumb. Luke and Zander have been pining on each other for DECADES and NEITEHER OF THEM NOTICED? I mean I would have noticed if someone had a crush on me! Pfft, easy to guess. Ok, maybe I didn't guess when Tyler from 3rd grade had a crush on me. but to be honest, he bullied me all the time! How the hell was I supposed to know?

When Zander finally finished his snow cone, we all got up, paid, and rushed back into Luke's car. Why? because it was FREEZING. I thought I mentioned that. But yeah, it was like below 30 degrees! after me, Luke, and Zander when full sonic and bolted down the parking lot, we finally made it to the car. I hopped in the back seat and melted in the warmth of the heater.

Zander had called shot gun while I was distracted, so he took the front. I wasn't complaining though, I had the whole back seat to myself! I relaxed as Luke put in the keys and drove off to my house. We all were having a sleep over, as it was the last Friday before Junior year started.

Suddenly Zander's phone rang, and he quickly picked it up putting it to his ear. I couldn't hear the person on the phone, but I decided to listen in anyway...

"Yeah mum?" Zander said, before pausing. I could hear muffling from Shannon, but that was it.

".... WHAT?..........NO WAY MUM-" Zander yelled before he got cut off by more muffling. "what's happening?"  I thought.

"UGH........fine......ok yeah I'll tell Luke to get there." Zander sighed after he placed his phone in his pocket. He then leaned over to whisper something in Luke's ear. 

"WHATS HAPPENING??!" I finally yelled after what seemed like an hour of anticipation. Zander didn't answer and just sat back in his seat. He then nudged Luke and rolled his eyes at me. UGH why is Zander so infuriating?!

"So, Hailey apparently your new neighbors, the Sterlings, need us to pick up their eldest sibling from a park because someone stole his bike." Luke said while taking a turn towards Central Clozy Park.

"ooohhhh." I said in realization.

Sorry this chapter was so short :') I'll try and make the next one longer! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!