Chapter Thirty-Four: Who is the Octopus Man?

The Delling family Suburban was soon heading down the road toward Seabrook Island, and Makenna was sitting in the front seat talking to her mom about Tracey. The top of her window was rolled down, and Raeven was hovering with his head sticking out of it. He was letting his tongue flap in the wind like a dog. Tracey was sitting behind Makenna, buckled up, and he was propping his head up against the window frame. Gina was resting on his lap with her eyes closed, but she wasn't asleep. She was just resting. Tracey was asleep. He was fast asleep. It would be difficult to wake him up. Tracey was sleeping yes, but he was dreaming about the Octopus Man.

He found himself resting on a rock in the middle of the ocean, and gasping, he lifted his head and asked, "Where am I? Where am I?" It was dark. It was almost as if there wasn't a sun anymore. Merlin's apprentice searched the area. Suddenly, he heard a splash behind him, and he yelled, "Whoa!" Quickly, Tracey stood up and whirled around on the rock he was standing on. In front of him, covered in shadows, with glowing blue eyes, was the Octopus Man! He pointed his massive trident at the young, ninja-like fairy, and he quickly retreated back on his rock. "Who are you?" he yelled at the Octopus Man, "Why can't you just leave me alone?!" In his booming voice, the Octopus Man told him, "JUST WAIT, BOY! JUST WAIT! YOU WILL EVENTUTALLY BELONG TO ME, AND I'M NOT GOING TO LET THAT METAMORPHIC FAIRY SAVE YOU!!"
Tracey narrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms, "That doesn't answer my question about your identity."
"I AM THE RULER OF ALL THE SEVEN SEAS!!" boomed the Octopus Man, "I AM A FIGURE OF MYTHOLGOY, JUST LIKE YOU! I AM THE SUN, MOON, AND RAIN!"

Tracey blinked.
"Poseidon?" he asked, "Are you...Poseidon?" Right after he asked that, the Octopus Man lifted all eight Kraken-like arms out of the water, and he waved his trident yelling, "YOU FOOL!! HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY FIGURED THAT OUT?!"
"I didn't know," calmly spoke Tracey, "You're Poseidon? What do you want with me?"
"ASK MY PET!" boomed the Octopus Man, "ATTACK!" He pointed his trident behind Tracey. There was another splash. SPLASH! This splash was massive. Hearing it, Tracey turned in the direction of it, and his entire face glowed green. Hovering in front of him was the shadow of an enormous, humanoid, Kraken, alien-like creature, and it roared in Tracey's face!
It then spoke in a loud, hissing voice, "MASSTER ONCE TOLD ME, FAIRIESSS TASSSTE JUSSST LIKE CAKE!" The creature crept toward Tracey and stretched its claws out toward him. He screamed at the sight of them.

Outside the dream world, he flinched and shuffled uncomfortably in his seat.
Sweat fountained down his face and soaked him. "What are you supposed to be?!" he yelled in his sleep. The mark of the Octopus Man flashed again on his arm but only temporarily. Before long, it vanished, and he shuffled one last time. Gina fell from his knees and landed on the floor of the car.
Makenna, who was explaining to her mother about Tracey's broken wings, turned to him and asked, "Tracey, are you all right?" From the floor, Gina said, "He's dreaming," in tern squawks, and she hopped back up onto Tracey's knees.
"Mom, we need to let him take it easy." Makenna said to Michelle, "He's really not as healthy as you think he is."
"I know." Michelle said. She nodded, "Don't worry, we're almost home."

Finally, the Suburban reached the Delling household on Jenkins Point and pulled into the garage. Tony was heard barking from the inside. "Oh, Tony," said Michelle. She turned off her car and unbuckled her seatbelt. Makenna did too. Raeven popped down from the window and landed on the car's dashboard.
Gina was resting on Tracey's knees again, and peering at Makenna, she told her through telepathy, "He's conked out, Makenna, and he's conked out good. I think he's having a nightmare." Tracey was shuffling again in his seat, and he moaned but didn't open his eyes. His foot was shaking. Both Makenna and Michelle Delling glanced at him.
Michelle soon said, "Let's just get him inside and get him something to eat. And you, Makenna my dear need to get ready for this so-called important dance."
Makenna nodded, "Right." She reached forward and took Tracey's shoulder. Starting to shake it, she told him, "Tracey, wake up," in a low voice, "We're here at my house, and we're going to get you inside." Tracey didn't wake up. He clenched his teeth and shuffled again.
Gina soon glanced at Makenna, and she said, "I think the pain medicines are starting to wear off. Ask your mom if she has any pain medicines here."
Makenna nodded and turned to her mom. "Mom?" she asked.
Mrs. Delling met her eyes, "Yes, Makenna?" and Makenna continued with,
"Do we by any chance have any pain medicines here such as Tylenol? Tracey's wings are starting to hurt him again. The pain medicines he was given before he came are wearing off."
"As a matter of fact, we do," answered Mrs. Delling. She nodded and opened her car door, "How about you get Tracey inside and get him comfortable, and I'll bring him some?"
"Sounds good." Makenna said. She opened her own door.
Raeven flew to her shoulder and landed on it. "Ooh, what's next in this exciting fairytale?" he asked Makenna.
"We're just getting Tracey inside." Makenna answered. She glanced at Raeven, "Hush please. Don't talk until I say you can." Hopping out of the car, she approached Tracey's door and opened it. Makenna unbuckled him and gently pulled him out of the car and into the garage. "I've got you, Tracey," she told him, and she wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Tracey was back in a loopy-like state. His head flopped back and forth, and he did not open his eyes.